Map edges

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Theblob
Worker
Worker

Map edges

Post by Theblob »

One thing I would change is the way the map works. I found it really, really annoying that it carried over from side to side. For example, when I moved my cursor to the left, on the map I would fall off the left side of the map and appear again on the right side. That's very unrealistic and I found it distracting. I think it would be better if when you reach the end of the map, that's it. Otherwise, so far I have been enjoying the game!
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

as a feature request i would formulate it more like "allow planar and cylindric maps in addition to the existing torrodial ones"

i am very opposed to removing torrodial maps as they are a chance to have 100% fair maps through symmetry.

changes to allow classic planar maps as far as i can see would be to add some edge-of-the-world-grafics, modify map-navigation and modify the gradient system (remove some modulo :). the according map generator would also have to be written.

next thing i will program for glob2 is symmetric maps. well, if i ever get to program anything apart from my job at all.

greetings giszmo