Warehouses

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.

Would you like to see warehouses in this game

Yes
44%
No
33%
Not Sure
22%

Total votes: 9

NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Post by NoSpin »

Hmm... i like the realism of the non global warehouses. I see your point it is not a big use without it being global. How about workers are able to carry more resources when they pick it up from a warehouse (because the warehouse puts it in boxes or something). Lets say they can carry double the normal resources.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

realism?

Post by Donkyhotay »

NoSpin wrote:Hmm... i like the realism of the non global warehouses. I see your point it is not a big use without it being global. How about workers are able to carry more resources when they pick it up from a warehouse (because the warehouse puts it in boxes or something). Lets say they can carry double the normal resources.
Realism? Well, I guess compared to most RTS games it is more strategic. Allowing globs to carry double resources is certainly one idea however I prefer just having a global storage system.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Zao

Post by Zao »

I agree that a global storage is easier to implement, but I like the idea of having non-global warehouses. Someone suggested that warehouses could build a special transport unit to get resources from one place to another.

That would add more logistics to the game. We'll be able to stop an enemy attacking by cutting off the supply line (at least on large maps). And that's something that is really missing in most RTS games.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

the more i think of it the more i like the idea of real transport. busy towns make up a big part of this game and by automatically assigning units to trollies full of goods .... we get the town busy without micro management.
Einarin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Einarin »

I've used markets that way, and being able to instantly transport resources way across the map is far less strategically significant.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

Zao wrote:I agree that a global storage is easier to implement, but I like the idea of having non-global warehouses. Someone suggested that warehouses could build a special transport unit to get resources from one place to another.

That would add more logistics to the game. We'll be able to stop an enemy attacking by cutting off the supply line (at least on large maps). And that's something that is really missing in most RTS games.
I've played RTS games that required supply lines. In my experience it just causes the players to end up migrating their bases closer to each other or the resources depending on how the supply system works.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

We ALREADY have supply lines.
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

Elvish Pillager said:
Where would that be? I tried to play a 64x512 map and it was close to impossible to build and run very remote inns.
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

Giszmo wrote:Elvish Pillager said:
Where would that be? I tried to play a 64x512 map and it was close to impossible to build and run very remote inns.
No, on a smaller scale.

Really large scale settlements have entirely different dynamics.
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.