New Units

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

New Units

Post by NoSpin »

I would like to see a variety of attacking units in this game to deepen stratagy. If we had ranged units then walls could make them a very powerfull defender for example. I would like to hear some suggestions on new units does anyone have any ideas?

How about archers who do good damage but are really weak against mele attacks?

I heard spell casters mentioned on another page.

What about invisible units that can sabatoge buildings?
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

i like the unit variety as is. i'd even take the damage from the explorer and make it into a dune2-carry-all ;)
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Post by NoSpin »

dune2 carry all? what do you mean?
Giszmo wrote:i like the unit variety as is. i'd even take the damage from the explorer and make it into a dune2-carry-all ;)
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

carry-alls was a special unit in dune2. it helped out whereever it could by transporting cargo. so a tank that was down to 10% was flewn out of combat zone instead of driving home. all done automatically. and there was no way to prevent those carry alls from grabing a tank under fire to avoid loosing both vehicles ;)

but apart from that, that was a piece of no-micromanagement i loved about dune2 and didn't see anywhere else again.

in ta you have the hulk and there are transport units elsewhere, but no unit that does the job without micro-management.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

game needs new units

Post by Donkyhotay »

This game needs new units. I don't know if I would have many attacking units though. Archers are possible but if so it would need limited shots (similar to what I've been proposing with explorers). One unit I think would be cool is what NCT has on the wishlist is a "shadow" unit that goes around CREATING fog-of-war. Another unit that might be useful is a unit that creates a cloud of invisibility around it but is unable to become invisible itself (like the protoss arbiter in SC). If done we would need to fully implement the papyrus resource (currently it's in the code but unused) as something to recharge "mana" or whatever we end up calling unit power. Not having some type of mana would make a unit like this overpowered.
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Re: game needs new units

Post by NoSpin »

Thats cool, the abitar i mean. What about a building that makes both buildings and units invisible. I would even propose allowing that building for only one race. We would have to provide something equally cool for the other races but it would be like the elves in lord of the rings. In their village the orcs came and got desimated because they couldn't see their attackers or the town. This would be a little different because they can see the tower giving inivisibilty.
Donkyhotay wrote:This game needs new units. I don't know if I would have many attacking units though. Archers are possible but if so it would need limited shots (similar to what I've been proposing with explorers). One unit I think would be cool is what NCT has on the wishlist is a "shadow" unit that goes around CREATING fog-of-war. Another unit that might be useful is a unit that creates a cloud of invisibility around it but is unable to become invisible itself (like the protoss arbiter in SC). If done we would need to fully implement the papyrus resource (currently it's in the code but unused) as something to recharge "mana" or whatever we end up calling unit power. Not having some type of mana would make a unit like this overpowered.