compile error

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Knives

compile error

Post by Knives »

I did not know if I should put this in bugs or help so I choose help as I'm not sure its a bug.

I've been trying to compile Globulation2 for some time now, however I get a error during the compile stage:

Code: Select all

configure: WARNING: OpenGL not found or not working. OpenGL support will be disabled.
Now glxgears shows me on average having 1100 fps on a voodoo3 and I'm able to run wolfenstien without problems. I do have glx and dri enabled also so I am not sure what the problem is also I'm using a slackbased distro with the most current packages available recompiled on my system.

The compile does finish however on a make or even checkinstall, it stops and fails because of the OpenGL error.

This looks like a great game and I would love to play it any ideas why this error comes about?
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

I remember there is a way around that, and also a fix, but I can't remember how to use them.

can you give us some more details? such as what OS/distro, version, etc?
Knives

Post by Knives »

The distro is alienlinux (its a slackware derivative) so far I've usually been able to figure compile errors out but this one stumps me completly as I said OpenGL works with other games. It may just be because of the video card I know to use direct3d you have to be in 16bit and a lot of games are starting to require 32 as the prefered depth.
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

I'll try to find the info about that bug. Will get back to you