Attacking means stopping the enemy

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Ogorter
Worker
Worker

Attacking means stopping the enemy

Post by Ogorter »

I would love to see that attacking a glob makes him stop, or at least hard for the glob to run away, depending on his strength/speed maybe.

Because today globs only fight when they run into each other, a wandering enemy glob is pretty hard to kill even if there are a couple of warriors around.
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

interesting. I understand the reasoning behind this, but with some modifications
I think that they should be held back or something when they're hit, but as soon as the warrior is done hitting them, they can try to run again.
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

I actually find it quite nice the way massive battles currently work.

Two huge armies may engage, but no one can die in a big battle line; one side will have all its warriors retreat eventually, and only the last few will be killed. Then the winning army gets to pillage.

This change would make battles much more deadly. Deadlieness violates the 'city building' orientation of the game (games would end too quickly, since winning a battle is hugely more important)
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

good point. I just don't like how they walk away while they're supposedly being hit. something needs to be done on that, but how should the glob react? just standing their doesn't work
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Why don't they run? instead of walking...
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Skasi
Worker
Worker

Post by Skasi »

DAMNIT! X(

have written a long suggestion with formels and such stuff..
then.. I pressed this damned, red, X-button :evil:

well.. now I'll post a shortform:

3(nah.. now 4^^) suggestions (I think, it would be cool if all get added):
- lower runspeed for damaged globs
- a short stun-time after a hit
- a short "lower runspeed"-time after stun/hit
(oh.. and.. after this "lower runspeed" globs should get a little speed-bonus cause.. I remembered, that everything gets more adrenalin, if it's in war, or got to run.. so..)
- a short "higher runspeed"-time after the short "lower runspeed"-time ;)

now the formels:
- lower runspeed for damaged globs:

Code: Select all

<-1%-of-life(from maxlive)> = <-0.5%-of-runspeed>
- a short stun-time after a hit:
<%-of-lost-life(from maxlive or live-before-hit.. dunno.. would be best, if both (maxlife and live-before-hit) are a base of this formel.. so.. again.. now.. just in a %-of-life based on maxlive, yea ^^)

<%-of-lost-life(%-of-life(from maxlive))> / 55 seconds = <duration-of-stun>
- a short "lower runspeed"-time after stun/hit

<%-of-lost-life(%-of-life(from maxlive))> = <%-of-(current)speed-reduced>
(with current speed I mean the speed, that the glob has got, if we take the "lower runspeed for damaged globs" also :D )

<%-of-lost-life(%-of-life(from maxlive))> / 20 seconds = <duration-of-speed-reduction>
now.. this can be activated AFTER the stun, or with the stun.. don't know what's better.. or more realistically :)

- a short "higher runspeed"-time after the short "lower runspeed"-time
now.. this can be added after all buffes, that are based on a hit and could be:

<%-of-lost-life(%-of-life(from maxlive))> / 10-till-30 seconds = <duration-of-speed-reduction>

hope you like my suggestions, I worked "hard" on them :lol:
nah.. I really think, they are good and realistically ;)

€:
eh.. now I think, that my 4th suggestion is a bit.. well.. not that needed ^.^

2nd€:
heyaaaa that brings me on a evolution-idea :D
what about something like a.. "technology", that adds "adrenalin" and/or other things to globs? :o)
or.. dunno.. the higher a level of a glob, the more adrenalin it gets at events like war, or hunger :D
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Skasi wrote:

<%-of-lost-life(%-of-life(from maxlive))> / 55 seconds = <duration-of-stun>
That looks like it's in units of seconds^-1, rather than seconds, but I assume you meant it like this

(<%-of-lost-life(%-of-life(from maxlive))> / 55) seconds = <duration-of-stun>
when I say that that would usually stun the victim for less than one frame.
Joey101
Worker
Worker

Post by Joey101 »

I really agree with Elvish Pillager here, I like the constant war where very few actually die.

And for killing an enemy army, just destroy their hospitals. :D
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

the only thing that needs to be figured out is the warriors still have this issue where they'll get caught behind some other warriors and won't go around the sides, so they become useless. That's the worst part right now :/
Nuage
Worker
Worker

Post by Nuage »

I am sorry, but I like the way it acts now:
  • - It's the actual use of the hospitals.
    - It allows you to avoid loosing all units after a battle. So save the xp and time for level training.
    - At war level 4, units really die!
    - With towers into warriors battles, units are more likely to die. (since towers where improved).
    - If your warriors did eat fruits, they are defnitely likely to die.
Unless you have a point about the good gameplay changes it would imply ?
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

AppleBoy wrote:the only thing that needs to be figured out is the warriors still have this issue where they'll get caught behind some other warriors and won't go around the sides, so they become useless. That's the worst part right now :/
If you don't mind micromanaging, you can make them move with forbidden areas.
Skasi
Worker
Worker

Post by Skasi »

@Elvish Pillager:
if a glob has got a max life of 250 and 125 life left.. then a glob with 25dmg hits it.. then - if I'm not false - it gets 0,2sec stunned
now.. glob2 isnt really "slow" I think.. so that would be ok.. I think :roll:

and.. don't forget, that all the durations are really short.. so they dont have a great effect to the game.. just a little one, so that a BIT more globs die and the game is a BIT.. more complex :)
(I really think, games that are complex.. at least in things like that, I mean in things like realistic, or sth like that, are cool games ;) )

oh.. and if you really think, the duration are too high, just divide them throught 2 and you get a lower dur., that prbl would be better :lol:
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Skasi wrote:@Elvish Pillager:
if a glob has got a max life of 250 and 125 life left.. then a glob with 25dmg hits it.. then - if I'm not false - it gets 0,2sec stunned
In that case, you had better write your formula in a human-readable way!
pOoPs
Worker
Worker

Re: Attacking means stopping the enemy

Post by pOoPs »

well i think the battles are good like them are :O (was that english xD)

a battle would b a 2 high risk if WARRIORS get stunned or something like that
like some1 said, it would destroy the worth of hospitals (well lower it...)

so i think if a warrior attacks a worker, they should be slower for a small period of time.
But i think that effect shouldnt b 2 much because i think surrounding has 2 be easier.

if a warrior could stun u could place 1 on an important area and keeeeeeeell every worker that passes O_O

thx