pause option

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Ethan
Worker
Worker

pause option

Post by Ethan »

It would be interesting to be able to stop the game without needing saving/loading...
The game menu don't have to do this automatically, but it could be an option of this menu. The pause could be also activate by pressing a special key.
About online games there are several solutions :
* nobody is allowed to pause
* only the creator is allowed to pause
* anybody is allowed to pause
The number of pause could be restricted and their time too
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

press 'p'
Ethan
Worker
Worker

Post by Ethan »

:oops:
So another related feature : a page with all the shortcuts but in the software it-self, the possibility to change them and to save the configuration would be great.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

don't feel bad

Post by Donkyhotay »

AppleBoy wrote:press 'p'
I didn't know that either...
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

theres heaps of shortcuts. i for info on/off on buildings, t for target, p for pause, space for jumping to last event, home for jumping to a swarm....... I guess someone should make a new wiki page with all the shortcuts. I'll do it when I have the time (if someone doesn't beat me to it first).
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

just FYI most of the shortcut keys (including the pause option) can be modified within settings menu. Just select keyboard settings.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GameDealer »

For online games you should be allowed to pause whilst an AI plays for you
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

you mean to take a break from playing, not pause the game? we are thinking of allowing to delegate certain tasks to the respective AIs. for example, delegate
farming
building up
defense
to one of
nicowar
warrush

to do so we would need an ai-human interface. now the ai puts all the way it wants it to be after you changed something.
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GameDealer »

Yes take a break

The creator should choose what AI plays for you so It is fair for everyone, there also should be a time limit for how long you can not play, the creator of the game should also be in control of that, but the creator shouldn't be able to puase.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

this ai should be terribly weak as else weak players would stay in break mode all their game. and guess what: we already have that ai in the game. if you set up your town right you can go have a break and unlike in aoe2 for example your civilisation lives on for very long (infinitely if well planned).

when i play against much weaker opponents i don't bother pausing the game when i go get some dring or pick up the phone. i just tell that i will not read the screen for the next minutes.
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GameDealer »

I get your point and that is fair.

You said people could stay on AI for the whole game, that is why I suggested the time limit. But I do agree with you and there should be a fixed time.

eg. The fixed time could be 20 seconds every five minutes.