Minimum and Maximum Workers

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Minimum and Maximum Workers

Post by NoSpin »

I just thought of a good solution to the priority problem. We currently have a slider that assigns the maximum number of workers that will work on a building. Add another slider for the minimum! This is obviously one that would be used as infrequently as possible. But when something is a priority moving the minimum slider would guarantee that at least that many workers will be working on it at all times. If you try to assign a higher minimum then you have workers, the slider will not let you increase it. I think this would be a simple solution.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Minimum and Maximum Workers

Post by Giszmo »

please comment on the low/medium/high priority feature when glob2 beat4 is out.

your proposed solution to the priorities problem is also micro-managingish as it would mean to have to set min counts to zero again by hand. see the other thread of yours where i explain my idea of a priorities concept.

greetings,

giszmo
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Post by NoSpin »

The priority flags sound much better then this idea. Plus reasons why they cannot is fantastic. I will let you know when i check it out.
quinnteh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quinnteh »

Actually I think this is great. Everything will have by default a minimum of 0, and you can increase it as necessary. Also, if you have increased a certain building's minimum to above 0, that minimum will not be inherited by the next building of that type that you build, as is the case with the maximum.

I also don't think this is more micro than the setting of the maximum number of workers, ie if you can set the max, why shouldn't you be able to set the min?
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Post by NoSpin »

Well if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the priority flags. But both would be cool too. This way we can make our swarms have a permanent priority, or our defense towers have a priority so that they don't run out of ammo. I agree also that it definitely should not be inherited.