Micromanagement Due To Resources

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Micromanagement Due To Resources

Post by NoSpin »

Micromanagement is bad right? I know I have said this before, but how much time do we spend laying down forbidden zones to prevent over farming? The main problem is the time we spend making sure the checkered brush matches up with the forbidden zones we have already placed. We need a new flag. Make it a green zone type I suggest. This zone type will we cover the resources with a solid brush stroke, which is very quick and efficient to apply. Then the workers will only mine wheat, or trees if the resource has another resource on its left, or right. This will create the checkered fields we see with less effort.

Also, when I am clearing an area to build a building, I must sit and wait to build the building, because I know I often will not have a long window to place the building before another resource grows where the building is going to go. If I am trying to create a wall to prevent resources from growing in a certain area, I must also wait while workers clear it, or they will be working for a much longer period of time. Solution: Allow buildings to be assigned to areas where there is resources, allow buildings to be upgraded when resources are in the way. The building will not be started, until the resources are cleared, but it will be started the second that the resources are out of the way. This way you say what is to be done, and you can forget about it.

What do you think?
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Micromanagement Due To Resources

Post by Donkyhotay »

That would actually be a very good idea.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

you suggest two of my most favourite feature requests as you can find and support here:
http://cofundos.org/projects.php?tag=glob2

Greetings, Giszmo
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Post by NoSpin »

Man they are needed.
quinnteh
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quinnteh »

Yes it would definitely make sense to be able to place a building over some resources and make the workers assigned to the construction clear the area first. So we will need to make construction areas have 2 stages, the first is the clearing stage and the second is the building stage, and we should be able to start assigning the number of workers from the first stage.