guard area should disappear when a warrior reaches it

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

guard area should disappear when a warrior reaches it

Post by Giszmo »

guard area should disappear when a warrior reaches it so i can place it on buildings i want to get destroyed.

building gets destroyed

warriors walk there

area gets removed

warriors walk up the guard-hill for some other building

name it attack area
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

But then you couldn't use it to guard as well, because the opponent could drop buildings there for the heck of it, your warriors take them out, and voila, no guard area.

And if you want attacking to be easier, see my sig.
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

i know your sig ;)

Post by Giszmo »

it was more of an attempt to improve the warflags than the guard area that does not at all work for guard-purpose. someone mentioned it should be something like 1 warrior per square but i guess that's not easy to do with the concept of gradients if you don't make it put a warflag per tile internally what would increase the amount of gradients.
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

Once I ran an AICastor against 7 AINumbis, with a little help from me. After a while, it had, like, dozens of war flags, was running rather slowly, but none of the warriors were doing much.

Then I placed the guard areas and massacred the enemies with 200 level 4 warriors.
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.