dynamic prestige

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Dravonk

dynamic prestige

Post by Dravonk »

Here's a quick idea I had for an alternative prestige system. I am not sure whether this is a good idea, but it could be implemented as an option.

When a player reaches a new prestige level that no other player has reached yet, a timer will be started. (5 minutes?).

When another player reaches the same level the timer will be reset and stopped.

When the timer runs to zero the game is over, winner is the one with the highest prestige level.

What would be the impact on strategy? The prestige race would start a lot sooner (once the first level 3 school is built). I could imagine players building a few schools and then destroying all the algae so other players cannot compete for the prestige level anymore. They will then try to destroy the schools.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

i would want to test this as i don't like the pretige system as is. normally the grund attack is much more powerfull at least on small maps than prestige. on the other hand on big maps this would result in a prestiege race without direct contact. generally the prestige is not tested at all on BIG maps. i guess it would be THE winning strategy on high resource maps now.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

Problem with that is you never get the chance to use explorers to attack ground units. As soon as you gain the ability the timer goes off and about the time you have enough that your thinking about attacking with them the game ends. Personally I think explorers should be trained at level2 with level3 only being used for prestige purposes. Then your idea of allowing 'prestige wars' might be a good idea.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Dravonk

Post by Dravonk »

Donkyhotay wrote:Problem with that is you never get the chance to use explorers to attack ground units. As soon as you gain the ability the timer goes off and about the time you have enough that your thinking about attacking with them the game ends.
Only if no other player manages to build at least the same number of lvl3 schools as you. Else the timer would be reset. Only when you have got a sure lead in lvl3 schools the game ends.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

as we tested the dynamic prestige today (yes! lets all welcome Dravonk to the team :) i guess it is a far better concept than the fixed prestige limits but would suggest a very long time limit. also i would not disclose the overall prestige (Dravonk's test doesn't disclose it) so you never know if you need more prestige to win or if you need to defend your schools.