Different colors for different globs

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Bufalo 1973

Different colors for different globs

Post by Bufalo 1973 »

The swarm could show different colors in the creation bar depending on which glob is creating. It would be easyer to know what are you building.

This different colors could be used too for the "body" of the globs so you can know at first sight if a glob is a warrior, an explorer, ...
Shew
Worker
Worker

Post by Shew »

Units have different shapes. Players has different colors.
If you need to have more differences between your units, you could draw other figures, but it's a long job, in my opinion. And I love our globs ;)

If you NEED more differences, an other smart solution is to modify the gamma value of the images of warriors, for example. I hope you can see enough differences between "guys" and "birds".
Ferk

Post by Ferk »

You don't have to know if a glob is worker or warrior anyway. You won't have to selectively select it, that's the magic of micromanagement :P
Anyway warriors are the big ones.

but for the buildings I have to agree... If a map wanted to put 2 teamed players in the same place, it would be difficult to distinguish each other buildings.

Also maybe a wider variety of colors could do good
Zorry for ma inglish
Shew
Worker
Worker

Post by Shew »

Also buildings has a colouring,that is given by use of a layer made of a kind of "Glob-Color-Channel".
For example in "data\gfx" the file "defencetower0b0r.png" contains the area covered by "Glob-Color-Channel" in file "defencetower0b0.png".

You could manipulate it in any moment ;)

I'd love a wider range of colours for my globs!!!
Xylix
Worker
Worker

Post by Xylix »

Uh... I'm pretty sure that Buffalo isn't only saying that Warriors-Explorers-Workers should have different colors.

I'm pretty sure what his main point is that the SWARM, when CONSTRUCTING THEM, should tell you which of the three that is being constructed at that time.

Assuming that is what he means, I agree. Even though, I'd personally never be bothered with actually looking at what is being constructed... sometimes it can be nice, such as checking when your explorer that you want will finally pop out so that you can see crap.

--

Now as to having the units a seperate color, I think the current system is fine. It shouldn't be necessary for the player to have to concern himself with what kind of glob is what. Besides, after you play a while it generally isn't too difficult.
Shew
Worker
Worker

Post by Shew »

I'm pretty sure that Buffalo could explain his thinking by himsels, and I precise this not for nastyness but because I think that to explain what other people told or "I assume they told" lacks of humilty. I ask for your pardon, if you can read the mind of Buffalo, I'm not able to do this and I do not usually take count of this odd.

Now I'll explain again (in a probably more clear way) my post:

Buffalo1973 write in a plain and clear english that "...This different colors could be used too for the "body" of the globs..."

Colors are used to transmit graphically an information:
SAME COLOR=SAME PLAYER.

This is the reason cause I say that IMHO it's not good to give to colors other meaninigs, because this could create misunderstandings.

I also tell that if someone found difficult to spot between warriors and workers (in higher resolutions should be difficult for some people) I suggest a smell tip: to dark (not to change color, that requires operations on source code) the tiles of the warrior with a simple operation (ten minuts of GIMP, if you do this manually without scripts).

If something is still foggy, tell me. Bye!
Xylix
Worker
Worker

Post by Xylix »

I ask for your pardon, if you can read the mind of Buffalo, I'm not able to do this and I do not usually take count of this odd.
No, I cannot read his mind. I can, however, read his first two sentances: The swarm could show different colors in the creation bar depending on which glob is creating. It would be easyer to know what are you building.
Now I'll explain again (in a probably more clear way) my post:
I understand what you are saying, about units having different colors. I also have said that I agree.
Shew
Worker
Worker

Post by Shew »

Try to follow me, probably you miss one step for my fault, because I used to jump a lot. So:

SAME COLOR = SAME PLAYER.

This is the base concept I said.

If you want to continue to ignore that I talk about globs because Buffalo ALSO writes
This different colors could be used too for the "body" of the globs so you can know at first sight if a glob is a warrior, an explorer
you are free to do this. I don't mind. You are free also to take phrases without take care of context which they refers. But it's not kind.

To be MORE SIMPLE:
I am talking of use of color. When I talk of globs in this topic I give my opinion about
This different colors could be used too for the "body" of the globs so you can know at first sight if a glob is a warrior, an explorer
About buildings, I talk about Ferk said, and I give also a tip related to my previous post.

I explain you because probably you did not understand some of this parts. I'm not telling you are not intelligent, and I'm not ironic. Everyone could misunderstand. Also me, or our beloved globs;) or you.

If we could be less polemic in future should be better for Glob2 and the forum people. This is a suggestion for me and for you.
Bye...
Genixpro
Developer

Post by Genixpro »

Try to keep it civil people. There is to be no fighting on a Glob2 forum. Especially do not say angry things then try to justify it by stating etiquette rules at the same time. Neither of them are necessary.
Globulation 2? Wtf? Why not Globulation 3D!!!
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Different colors for different globs

Post by Zenfur »

No, "-".
Greetings!! ت