harvesting skill levels

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Tfry
Worker
Worker

harvesting skill levels

Post by Tfry »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems to me, the harvesting skill level of worker has almost no practical relevance. Even at level 1, harvesting does not take all that long. Typically transporting the goods takes a much larger share of the time, so increasing the workers' walking speed is much more important than increasing their harvesting speed.

Maybe, instead, it would make more sense to increase the carrying capacity of workers, or decrease their resource usage? I suppose this would require quite a bit of counter-balancing, though.
Genixpro
Developer

Post by Genixpro »

Your right, harvesting speed has little relevence in long distance harvests. But when you play allot and get to the fourth level, and maintain that for a long game (you get used to the level four harvest), then start a new game, you notice it. The workers will be noticably slower with the lower harvest. This is for a couple of reasons, 1, the difference is large, and two, at the beggining, you usually harvest short distances.

I'm not sure increasing the limit on workers would be a good idea. Doubling the amount would knock the game into a very signifigant unbalance, very quickly swaying the tide of the game. I'm quite against those kinds of big shifts. Glob2 already has many of them, such as fruits.
Globulation 2? Wtf? Why not Globulation 3D!!!
Tfry
Worker
Worker

Post by Tfry »

I'm not sure increasing the limit on workers would be a good idea. Doubling the amount would knock the game into a very signifigant unbalance, very quickly swaying the tide of the game.
Point taken. How about decreasing the initial (level 1) harvesting speed ever so slightly, then?