Setting Priorities

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Setting Priorities

Post by NoSpin »

There is often one job that is much more important then the rest and when you workers are overworked I really would like to be able to set a priority flag on certain jobs. I know some other people know what i mean here.

maybe have a check box in every building that gives work on that building priority over everything else, or have a flag that you can place giving every job in the flags range priority over everything else

Brett
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

People have suggested priorities many times in the past. It's a needless complication. If you want to divert workers from other tasks, simply cut back on the other tasks.
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

every plus on micromanagement means we failed on the main target of this game.

rather than an "important" flag in addition to the worker count i guess we should get somewhere close to have these assigned workers to express importance. since .16 we already have an upper bound of workers that can be lower (zero for example) than the assigned count. we should experiment if the rule maxAssignedWorkers=min(userAssigned,tasks*2) can be replaced by something like maxAssignedWorkers=min(userAssigned,tasks*2,tasks+3).
The better workers get assigned to jobs the fewer people will request a flag or other extra stuff.
so like we cared for jobs not getting over fulfilled, we could implement something similar for the lower bound. simplest would be that priority not only takes into account the kind of job among those tasks that have 1-20 jobs open (filling inns is more important than building walls) but also adds max(userAssigned-10,0) to priority. so if a job has to be done, simply rise userAssigned above 10.

greetings, giszmo
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

Besides, I kind of like having globs not do EXACTLY what you want them to do. It's more like a real war. Your a general that gives commands on what to do but it's up to your soldiers/liutenants to decide HOW your commands should be carried out. Sometimes they're going to do things perfectly right, sometimes they're going to do something stupid. It's up to you to know they will sometimes make mistakes and deal with it. It also gives the game a slight randomnization to it that doesn't exist in many other RTS's
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.