Glob2

We love feedback! But don't get it confused with Feature Requests and Bug Reports.
Auria

Glob2

Post by Auria »

Hi!

I just tried glob2 (not latest version unfortunately, not available in the reps) And i must say i really love the game!

Very interesting

The weak point, i guess is the audio. The music is very limited, and there are no sound effects at all.

I might be interested in contributing though! i can do programming but i'm very bad at the getting the hang of projects i haven't written myself

i looked at this: http://globulation2.org/wiki/Media_guide unfortunately it's empty

Also, i can write some music, even though i am not professional and don't have good quality samples (i'm doing mostly midi now...) i should try to compile from source

Just another thing: sometimes it wasn't too clear why i won or lost - just walking into a place without doing anything and i win, etc.
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

I'm glad you find the game fun, I wish I had more time to play and help code rather than school work right now :( but I know more coders are always needed, including new music ;)

http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/glob2-devel
may I suggest you join that list and maybe read some of the archived stuff. If memory serves, there was a thread about new music in there at one point, don't remember what happened to it though :(

cheers,
Kyle
Auria

Post by Auria »

okay!

at some point i could maybe look into coding too - i'm just not too sure of myself in this area since i'm usually all confused when i look at code i haven,t written myself :lol:

i'll try to join the mailing list (i just hate mailing lists so that may be later)
Einarin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Einarin »

good, hopefully you'll have more luck than me.

I guess thats what I get from a computer science
independent study that was essentially all theory :roll:
The only way to achieve perfect security is through making everyone happy, because all security has a weak point, and the only way to make everyone happy is to grant them complete freedom, which requires the removal of all security measures.