The Forum registration will be locked from now on

Announcements related to any part of the Globulation 2 web sites (the wiki and this forum).
For all release announcements, subscribe to the Glob2 news feed.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [old] The Forum registration will be locked from now on

Post by Giszmo »

Frustrating regarding that in months only two real persons have a meta talk apart from the spammers.
ProgVal
Site Admin

Post by ProgVal »

It looks like I finally managed to get rid of spam. The only spam in the last 30 hours is from a user registered four days ago.

I tried many complicated captcha systems with images, bots successfully passed all of them.
The final solution is to ask simple questions I wrote instead. I tried that a month ago, but bots was still able to pass it, and I understood why yesterday: one of the questions was "Are you a bot?", which is not specific enough, and bots knows how to answer it. I deleted this question, and we had no registration since.

Enjoy :)
kweejee

Post by kweejee »

I may have been one of the deleted users, but I'm back and ready to not post anything just like everyone else ;)
ProgVal
Site Admin

Post by ProgVal »

Oops, sorrry.

By the way, I've just ran other batch, as spammers found a way to bypass the registration security. I have been careful of not deleting you this time.
ProgVal
Site Admin

Post by ProgVal »

Spam bots got back on the forums three days ago. I changed the CAPTCHA questions, but they manage to guess the answers to the new questions so there is probably a human answering them.
I then disabled registration, hoping spam bots will give up soon.

If anyone wants to create an account, mail me at progval+glob2 /at/ progval /dot/ net