Nicowar - stupid behavior?

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Nicowar - stupid behavior?

Post by Elvish Pillager »

Nice new AI (since I last played - no, I did not finally get it working on Mac! I installed Gentoo Linux. :P) Seems pretty smart - the one thing I don't like is that it uses the IMO highly abusive strategy of converting enemy units using fruit. :|

However, watching it play, I saw something odd. It built a swarm far away from any wheat, or water to grow wheat near, even though there seemed to be a free area quite near the wheat! (see this screenshot)

Later in the game, it built two more swarms, even farther away. None of these swarms was ever used effectively.

Sorry if this is already known - I'm too lazy to check. :P
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Genixpro
Developer

Post by Genixpro »

Hmm, Nicowar would only do that if it was trying to keep its swarm sufficiently close to other settlement. A savegame would be helpfull!
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

Genixpro wrote:Hmm, Nicowar would only do that if it was trying to keep its swarm sufficiently close to other settlement. A savegame would be helpfull!
Uhh, sorry; it didn't occur to me to do that, I had enough trouble taking the screenshot! :P (It was my first screenshot on Linux, I had to actually install Imagemagick which ended up taking hours.)
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Genixpro
Developer

Post by Genixpro »

Ohh, I never noticed the screenshot. Yeah, thats normal behaviour, it happens every once in a while, provided nicowar tries to balance when it places buildings.