how does ur globulation looks like?

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Winter Dryad
Worker
Worker

how does ur globulation looks like?

Post by Winter Dryad »

mine looks like it... for now...

can i make a couple of requests to the developers?
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Re: how does ur globulation looks like?

Post by Giszmo »

hi

looks like you know what you are doing :)

i don't know what the others think of it and many like the childish look of glob2, but i like your grass and the button shape. the color is too aggressive(?).

greetings,

giszmo
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

I personally prefer that look to the other though I doubt not everyone would agree. We should probably have 'theme' settings so that both themes are implemented and users can simply choose which one they want to use.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

i would like to have theming for those working on new themes. i would not like it for the average player. i think of the theme as a kind of corporate identity.

i commented those pix on the ml already. i like the terrain stuff. it is definitely better. also i'd love to see other buildings being redone in the quality of the wall although i see the wall rather as the wall of some different race. maybe we touch the "more units and races" are with beta5. who knows :)

giszmo
Winter Dryad
Worker
Worker

Post by Winter Dryad »

well the problem of the theming is simple:
it's not like making the theme for a bb site, which requires like 50 gif. here you have to generate more than 200 png just for the terrain and rebuild 3D renderings for more than 300 unit frames. add the buildings and make the whole look be coherent. that's why generally games have 1 style^^

i started to change globulation graphic for fun, my friend made me install it like 2 weeks ago i think. I've seen the game was very nice, but the graphic looked like reference graphic (the one you use for programming the game and check if everything works fine), so I went to the folder and looked for the graphic stuff and started to implement something here and there. then i've finished the first terrain tiles, the resoureces and changed the main interface.

in the end i thought "well, it's an open source project, why keeping these files just for me? maybe they like them and want to use them for the game"
I've just sent all the files to stephan (just the ones i consider "to be approved", so the wall is not among them, cause i need to finish to work out the 3D renderings of the other tiles), so you can play the game with them and see how they look like.

I've also made some requests for improving part of the graphic that actually requires some programming.

I'll make some screenshots of it as soon as i'm ready with it... and as soon as i've really understood the glostepunk style^^