3D intro and other stuff I can help with.

Feature Requests have moved to http://glob2.uservoice.com
This section is read only for reference.
Athiril

3D intro and other stuff I can help with.

Post by Athiril »

Hey Im pretty able in Cinema 4D 10 which I have.

Can I get some feed back, on what you'd like to have modeled and animated for the cinematic intro and Ill get working on something.

And what resolution and video format to post it in, standard? widescreen? etc? 640x480, 800x600, 720x576, 768x576, 640x360, 720x405, 800x450, 1024x576, 1280x720, etc?

AVI/XviD, AVI/x.264, MPEG-1, MPEG-2?

Other stuff I can help out with would be music and sound effects (with have shotgun, boom mics and profressional audio recording equipment in the studio where I study, so put in requests now! And I can get around to that when Im recording for my film project as well in a few months).

Also I have a Canon 30D Digital SLR if you can think of any way I can use to help with that, like providing textures for artists to work with in possibly using pre-rendered 3D models or for tiles perhaps maybe etc. (I can take deep night sky field of the stars and high resolution of close up moon shots too if somehow needed).

Also in the future (after I finish my film project and I actually have time and am under less stress to focus properly) I could help out with some coding, and some map design to help out with the campaign story part of my course is script writing for movies, so I def could help out with a more in depth campaign).

But for right now Ill just offer 3D, and photographing stuff, and the rest in the future.

~ Dan.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

while not mandatory an intro movie would be pretty cool to have. For a format I would recommend xvid since it is open-source and we would not have to mess with any yucky proprietary code. For the rest I don't see the point and would personally recommend NOT having 3D models in the game. I have yet to play a RTS game (except homeworld which is different) that actually needed 3D models. All other 3D RTS games I've played (like warcraft3) made the game look prettier at the cost of being unplayable on older systems.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Athiril

Post by Athiril »

Donkyhotay wrote:while not mandatory an intro movie would be pretty cool to have. For a format I would recommend xvid since it is open-source and we would not have to mess with any yucky proprietary code. For the rest I don't see the point and would personally recommend NOT having 3D models in the game. I have yet to play a RTS game (except homeworld which is different) that actually needed 3D models. All other 3D RTS games I've played (like warcraft3) made the game look prettier at the cost of being unplayable on older systems.
Age of Empires 1 had 3D models, modelled in 3D Studio (DOS version.. before max XD), they were pre-rendered to 2D tiles, thats what I meant.

(x.264 is also open source, and OS implentation of H.264/MPEG-4 PART-10).

Now if people could input of what exactly the intro video should be... =]