This Map is Being Won

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Bish

This Map is Being Won

Post by Bish »

I made a map, but when I play it I win instantly, despite the fact that none of the objectives have been completed. Can anyone help? Here's the code, unfortunately I can't upload the map for some odd reason.

guiDisable(BuildingTab)
guiDisable(AllianceScreen)
objectiveHidden(3)
objectiveHidden(4)
show("Today is a good day! The crops have grown well, and now it is time to harvest them! This year's crop shall make us prosperous and we will be able to buy many good things from the Traders from Across the Sea.")
space
hide
unhilightUnits(worker)
wait(10)
show("Steve: 'Sirs! Sirs! I have seen another island!'")
space
show("John: 'There is no island, boy! We have lived here for longer than our great grandfathers can remember, and we live on the only island within a hundred leagues.'")
space
show("Steve: 'But it is true! Come, look!'")
space
show("John: 'Alright... I'll humor you; I'm feeling good today. You must not bother me with this hogwash again.'")
space
hide
show("Steve leads the village elder to the edge of the ocean.")
space
hide
show("Steve: 'Look! It's right there!'")
wait(5)
hide
show("...")
wait(2)
hide
show("John: 'My goodness! You're right!'")
space
hide
objectiveComplete(2)
objectiveVisible(3)
wait(3)
show("Send a worker to explore the other island.")
space
hide
wait(area("Q",0))
objectiveComplete(3)
show("Scout: 'There are other globs on that island!'")
space
show("John: 'What! How can this be! Our watchmen have become lenient!'")
space
show("Scout: 'These globs seem rather strange... They all look sick and they won't speak to me.'")
space
show("Glob from the Other Island: 'You fools! I've been sitting here right under your noses this entire time and you didn't have even the faintest inkling of my existence! Your great-great-great grandfathers expelled me from their island for practicing the dark arts. Those fools! I could have helped them. I could have made them powerful. Ah, well, now I shall have all the more power for myself. Your ancestors made a grave mistake in banishing me! And now, I shall kill you all for their heinous crime! Prepare to die, puny mortals!'")
space
hide
wait(30)
show("John: 'There's too many of them! We'll never survive! Steve, gather up the villagers and sail away with them. Don't come back. Warn the world of this necromancer. Perhaps the Mainland will send help. We'll do our best to hold them off.'")
space
show("Steve: 'But sir!'")
space
show("John: 'Go! Before it's too late!'")
objectiveVisible(4)
space
show("Defend the village until the peasants can leave.")
space
hide
timer(120)
summonUnits("enemy",30,worker,1,1)
summonUnits("ewarriors",30,warrior,1,1)
wait(10)
summonUnits("Warriors",9,warrior,3,0)
hilightUnits(warrior)
show("These brave villagers have volunteered to stay and defend the village. Fight with honor!")
space
unhilightUnits(warrior)
show("Today is a good day to die!")
wait(5)
hide
fede
Explorer
Explorer

Re: This Map is Being Won

Post by fede »

Hi Bish,
welcome to forum and our little community.
I can't answer you, but around there are though boys which knows better map questions.
You can meet our folk online on IRC, server irc.globulation2.org channel #glob2.

Hope to play a game with you soon,
fede
Blizzard SuCKs
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: This Map is Being Won

Post by Zenfur »

I thought as you that you win the game when you complete all of the objectives, but I know now that it's not (if it was about to be, than it's bug). Could you attach this map to your post to let me debug it please? I have some experience... and it may be map problem not scripting (it looks fine).
Greetings!! ت