Mac Install?

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
DarkSpy

Post by DarkSpy »

There's a new update to glob2 0.8.23 in MacPorts.

But I still have the same problem as Kakeru, even though I got the boost libraries installed (since it's a requirement).
Kakeru

Post by Kakeru »

the worst part is that, everything else is working atm. It's just boost that's the problem.

Could you link to what you're talking about? I can't find it.
DarkSpy

Post by DarkSpy »

Taken from Wikipedia:
MacPorts, formerly called DarwinPorts, is a free/open source software project to simplify installation of other free/open source software on the Mac OS X and Darwin operating systems. Similar to Fink and the BSDs' ports collections, DarwinPorts was started in 2002 as part of the OpenDarwin project, with the involvement of a number of Apple Computer employees including Landon Fuller, Kevin Van Vechten, and Jordan Hubbard.

It allows the installation of a number of packages by simply entering the command port install packagename in the Terminal, which will then download, compile and install the requested software, while also installing any required dependencies automatically.
Official website: http://www.macports.org/ (go to the Wiki link for help)

Tell me if it works for you.
Kraant

Post by Kraant »

DarkSpy wrote:There's a new update to glob2 0.8.23 in MacPorts.

But I still have the same problem as Kakeru, even though I got the boost libraries installed (since it's a requirement).
cd /opt/local/include/
ln -s boost-1_34/boost ./boost
DarkSpy

Post by DarkSpy »

Thanks, it worked :D

-DkS-
Kakeru

Post by Kakeru »

After giving up due to frustration I decided to come back to this and try macports. Finally it worked! So that's nice. Now I wish I didn't suck.

If it's possible to create a .dmg using what I got from macports I'd be willing to give it a try given some instructions.