hi and ..a question

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Neocool

hi and ..a question

Post by Neocool »

Well first of all Hello to all who are in some way related to the globulation project. thumbs way up. I recently came across the game and I'm verry pleased to see there are serious and nice looking linux related game project.
I know it sounds silly, but I'm unable to figure out if it's possible to alter the mouse cursor speed. I'm practicly out of the oven on this ...not even sure if this is where I should post this. Is it a dev issue ? Thanks in advance.
-Hey Captain ...aren't you gonna wish me something goodbye?
-Hmm ...sure ...may the force be with you...
-...good enough ...engage at maximum warp !
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

your curser speed is controlled by Xorg. what window manager are you using? kde, gnome, xfce4, ??? best place to look would be on the web for your particular window manager as that's not related to glob2
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

Well modifieing the cursorspeed should definitely be possible but as Appleboy mentioned this is not glob related. at least not in windowed mode. we could think of implementing such an option for fullscreen-mode as maybe screen-resolution changes as well.
Ion bidon
Developer

[solved] change the mouse speed

Post by Ion bidon »

If you want to change the mouse speed, you can look at http://www.wlug.org.nz/XFree86KeyboardMouseNotes at the section "Changing the mouse cursor speed".

Basically, you will use the xset command, with the m parameter.