Tutorial stopped

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Ukeyocg
Worker
Worker

Tutorial stopped

Post by Ukeyocg »

The tutorial suddenly stop to give me orders.
The last order was "You can construct the towers now. Assign between 2 to 3 workers to them, depending on how many workers you have available". I constructed the towers but the message is still in my game.
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

Did you build walls too? If that still doesn't work, which version are you playing? release or cvs? if cvs, spanish, french or english version?
Ukeyocg
Worker
Worker

Post by Ukeyocg »

I constructed walls. My version is Alpha19, english version.
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

I'll look into it now.............

Hmm, ok. According to that script, after that message, it has

Code: Select all

wait(Tower(0, 0) > 1)
hide
which looks right when compared to all the other code in there.

I'll play the game and test myself (using cvs), see if it works.............

Nope. I went through fine once I placed two towers. Can you do me a favour. Attach to the bug report in savannah (I guess it was you who made the report?) a copy of tutorial.map please.
Ukeyocg
Worker
Worker

Post by Ukeyocg »

:lol: I am not the first, i am not crazy. A good new.
I leave a message in the bug report. It have a link to the tutorial.map.
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

I've compared the code in each script and its the same. The problem comes from the fact that the resouces have overgrown where the towers should be. This is common if your new to the game and read everything :P Guess GeniXPro (the creator of the tutorial) has a bit more work to do :P Anyway, all you have to do is use a clearing flag to remove all the wood around the bit where the towers should be, and build them. If this doesn't work, let me know, I'll do some more tests.
Ukeyocg
Worker
Worker

Post by Ukeyocg »

The problem comes from the fact that the resouces have overgrown where the towers should be.
I made a test and probably your right.
Anyway, all you have to do is use a clearing flag to remove all the wood around the bit where the towers should be, and build them.
In this part of the tutorial i don't have flags. They are enabled some steps ahead.
NoSpin
Warrior
Warrior

Post by NoSpin »

I had a similiar problem when I went through it. I do not remeber what the last step was. It is possible they asked me to do something and i was distracted and missed the message or just forgot what it was. Either way that tutorial is far too long to start over. There definatly needs to be a way to ask it to repeat the last command and a way to skip to the next one. Or at least the last message needs to reappear if a long period of time goes by without the person following the command.
Nanop

A beginner can answer another beginner's questions :D

Post by Nanop »

A beginner can answer another beginner's questions :D

I had this problem too. Later, I found out that u had to construct 2 towers adjactent(next to each other) and a wall surround up to 3 sides if possible.
I built the towers horizontally next to each other.

Wowm posts are oldddddddd,!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

Sadly the tutorial can be a little picky about tower placement...
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.