Can't join online game with XP

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Ridehard
Worker
Worker

Can't join online game with XP

Post by Ridehard »

Hi,
I have globulation2 on XP. Works fine and I am having fun :)
However I can't join any online game. I can go as far as the online screen and even talk in the chat and I can even create a game but if I want to join the game of someone else I can't.
What am i doing wrong ?

Cheers
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

problems on xp

Post by Giszmo »

hi ridehard

most likely you didn't do anything wrong. but in order to help you (by improving the game for all) some more information would be needed.

what version are you playing? 0.8.19? older?
are you behind a firewall? proxy? nat?

what exactly makes you think you can't join a game? do you click on join in YOG and it times out? is there any message? did you try lan or yog-game?

yan others join your game?

feel free to fill in a bug-report at https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=glob2 as it seams not to be reported so far.

greetings, leo
Ridehard
Worker
Worker

Post by Ridehard »

To report the bug I better make sure it's actually a bug ;-)
so I have the latest windows version meaning:
0.8.19 which appears on the left hand side of teh screen and there is a number on the other side v0.48.22.5.
I can play on my own, and I can also play the campaigns .
I haven't tried the LAN as I don't have any friends close by hence the need for the online version ^^
So I can go online no problem, I can use the chat feature. I can create a game. If my friend creates it I can see it in the list.
When I click on it it says time out.
I have norton anti-virus.
My Friend has the same problem. He is also using XP but I don't know his config, though he has the same game version. He can't join my game if I create it and I can't join his if he creates it...
Ridehard
Worker
Worker

Post by Ridehard »

K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

That worked for you? I've been having this problem for some time also. The only people I can seem to play with are Dejan or JDLSpeedy. Anyone else I try to play with times out when I click Join or when they try to Join a game I make. I even at one stage forwarded all ports to the computer I'm playing on, turned off my firewall, and set the DMZ setting on the router to my computers ip, so I was completly open to hackers, and the game still didn't work :S I'm glad the network is getting a rewrite in the future though (that is, unless nct and nuage have decided not to since :( )
Luckydavid

Post by Luckydavid »

I think the problem is in ur XP