Sudden crashes

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Gamasta

Sudden crashes

Post by Gamasta »

It often happens that glob crashes (under Windows XP), in the middle of a game (usually playground, vs. 2-3 Nicowar and others all AICastor). No message given, the gamewindow just disappears. Are other people experimenting a similar problem?

Besides this nasty problem, a really cool game.
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

Yes. I experiece this problem also. GeniXPro fixed one crash bug, after I debuygged it using gdb on mandriva, which has halfed crashes for me. But the other has not been found yet. I'll keep debugging.
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

nicowar is still under heavy development, so expecting the game to run 100% when using that is wishful thinking at this point in time.

if it's crashing when you're playing against AICastor or somebody else, then please give us more information.

What would be helpful:
intel, amd, 64bit proc?
what version of glob2
is it repeatable by doing a certain thing, or does it just happen?
there are log files, can't remember where they're stored under windows though, and if you could upload those, that would be awesome.

Kyle
Gamasta

Post by Gamasta »

I found the log files, but they get quite heavy under heavy gaming :-)
Had a look, but there's no explicit "Crashed because of #####". Can't as of yet reproduce any of the crashes, they just happen. WXP, 32bits, always latest available stable binary.
Tjernomiell

Post by Tjernomiell »

i got the same problem and i looked in the log files and found this:
"GAG : Sprite::checkBound(-1) : error : out of bound access for data/gfx/ressource
Assertion failed: false, file Sprite.cpp, line 177"

I played against AIcastor in one vs one.
i got an amd64 4000+ with nvida 7900GTX 512mb video card
running on windows XP prof SP2 32-bit

EDIT:
I tried downloading some new drivers for my motherboard and videocard, but now it seems that it crashes more often. And the errors that come are different all the time, this time i got:
ba-f- global gradient to building bgid=1026@(7, 37) failed! p=(10, 46)