Possible Dead Link

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Lexen
Worker
Worker

Possible Dead Link

Post by Lexen »

I am using Ubuntu, and I went to download the most recent version but when I clicked "download latest .deb package" it just reloaded the page. I don't know if it is supposed to do that, and I am also not sure if this is the place where I should report it, but it seemed like the right place.

Thanks,
Lexen
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Re: Possible Dead Link

Post by AppleBoy »

Sorry about that :oops:

We have been a bit laxed on our review process of releases before making them official and with Beta2 the source tarball was working (minus the music) and I think one or two other binaries, but other then that we have been lacking maintainers for distribution-specific release methods.

Beta3 is coming up and I know we already have maintainers for OS X, source (of course), windows, and Gentoo. I do not know about the distributions, sorry. If you know someone who is willing to help maintain packages please send them our way!

Unfortunately our man power is limited right now with about five developers doing most of the work and our biggest priority has been squashing as many bugs as possible to do a stability release, Beta3, and our maintenance of the wiki has slacked off quite a bit. :( . On the upside we've squashed I would say at least 30 bugs since Beta2 and I can't wait to see it go public, you'll be amazed :). I believe the goal is another week or two as long as no more major bugs pop up
Lexen
Worker
Worker

Post by Lexen »

Right now, I am trying to learn how to package Ubuntu .deb files, but the people at Ubuntu are really busy, so they can't have someone teach me. Who did the last Ubuntu package? If they could teach me, I would maintain the packages for you. I know that is no help now, but maybe someday.
My Machine: Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon, Globulation2 Version 0.9.1
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

Hi Lexen,

it would be great to welcome you to the team. I once made a .deb for AMD64 but the beat2 someone else did.

Please try http://globulation2.org/wiki/Building_the_.deb_file and correct the wiki where outdated. To me it was a surprisingly easy job (provided you can compile glob2)
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

The download page has been rewirtten and is much more user friendly. Links should be usable from now on.