Linux Version 0.9.1

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Linux Version 0.9.1

Post by GameDealer »

How do you get it to install, I dowload package, execute, then go to terminal, cd to it, type "scons", once done i type "./install". The I run glob by "glob2", and I still have version 0.8.9. Am I doing something wrong?
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

the INSTALL file isn't an executable file for installing the game, it's the instructions on how to do so. In order to install globally you need to type as root:
scons install
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GameDealer »

How do you become root, I only know how to use the sudo command
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

GameDealer wrote:How do you become root, I only know how to use the sudo command
When you use sudo You are running as root (at least for that command). So for your system it would just be:
sudo scons install
but not all linux systems use sudo so you will sometimes be told to run things 'as root' like this. In the future just remember when your told to run something 'as root' to just use sudo on your computer.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GameDealer »

Donkyhotay wrote:
GameDealer wrote:How do you become root, I only know how to use the sudo command
When you use sudo You are running as root (at least for that command). So for your system it would just be:
sudo scons install
but not all linux systems use sudo so you will sometimes be told to run things 'as root' like this. In the future just remember when your told to run something 'as root' to just use sudo on your computer.
Ok thanks, I will remember to use sudo in place of root.