SOLVED: How do I uninstall if I installed from source?

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Farmer Glob
Worker
Worker

SOLVED: How do I uninstall if I installed from source?

Post by Farmer Glob »

I don't know if I compiled wrong, but the latest version isn't working for me, it is crashing a lot.

I want to put the old version back on from the Ubuntu repos, but I don't know how to uninstall the new version I have.
Last edited by Farmer Glob on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

Just 'reinstall' from repos and it will copy over everything except for the stuff within ~/.glob2. I'm 99% certain that the stuff within ~/.glob2 will still be compatible with the old ubuntu version. If for some reason it isn't then just delete ~/.glob2 and let glob2 create a new directory.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Farmer Glob
Worker
Worker

Post by Farmer Glob »

Hmm.. it still says version 9.1. I've tried reinstalling, and complete removal then installing again. I've also deleted .glob. Any ideas?
Farmer Glob
Worker
Worker

Post by Farmer Glob »

Donkyhotay got me running over at the Ubuntu forums, specifically I had to make sure the old version was installed from the repos and delete /usr/local/bin/glob2.

Then I later tried installing from source again it was working for me, but now I've reinstalled Ubuntu and am running the one from the repos.
Running 0.8.23 (Gutsy - Ubuntu repos ) V 0.57.23.5