SOLVED How long might it take for a Deb Package

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Farmer Glob
Worker
Worker

SOLVED How long might it take for a Deb Package

Post by Farmer Glob »

I really like this game. I'm new to Linux (using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn), and from what I hear, tarball/source code seems like it is pretty hard to install for a newbie. A lot of potential to screw things up, and extra files to put in other directories, etc.

I'm not familiar with the process that Linux programs go through, how long does it usually take before someone makes a Debian Package for new releases of Globulation? Is it the game makers themselves who do it, or do they have to jump through hurdles with Debian themselves? I found this game off of the Ubuntu Repositories, and considering they are still on version 8.21 after there have been a few releases since then, I'm guessing it will be quite a while until Beta 1 is there.

I've never installed a .deb either but from what I hear its as easy as a Windows .exe

I really want to see the new version so if it might be a long time I guess I'll try tarball, but I thought I'd check first to see how this usually works.

Thanks!

EDIT: I figured it out.
Lexen
Worker
Worker

Re: SOLVED How long might it take for a Deb Package

Post by Lexen »

How did you install in from source? I know this post is old, but I would really like to know what you did because I am using ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon and I would like to run version 0.9.2.

Thanks,
Lexen
My Machine: Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon, Globulation2 Version 0.9.1