When does the game end?

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Kane77

When does the game end?

Post by Kane77 »

I've been playing with computer only so far and I have one question:
When does the game end? I believe it should when you destroy all of opponent's units (workers and warriors) and his buildings, but I guess it doesn't. How should I find opponent? What I did was create tons of explorers and set exploration points all around the map and saw no opponent, but the game didn't end...
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

actually the game DOES end when you destroy/convert all of the enemies units/buildings. If the game doesn't end it means the enemy has at least a few stray units running around the map if they don't have another base or two.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Kane77

Post by Kane77 »

Donkyhotay wrote:actually the game DOES end when you destroy/convert all of the enemies units/buildings. If the game doesn't end it means the enemy has at least a few stray units running around the map if they don't have another base or two.
do the explorers count?? because they shouldn't...
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

explorers count just like warriors because at the last techlevel they are capable of attacking ground units. It's similar to starcraft where a zerg player attempts to survive through annoyance by burrowing a lone zergling somewhere. It never works, as the other players just cover the map with observer units and wipe it out. In globulation2 it just means you build a ton of explorers to cover the map and wipe out the last few units. Globulation2 is even harder to do this then with most other games because without inn's all units will eventually starve to death if not found. Generally though most people will simply concede since it's obvious the game is over.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

IIRC, the game ends when you have none of the following: Workers with enough health to work or a hospital to heal them, and enough food to work or an inn to feed them, or a swarm with enough food to produce a worker.

You will usually still have some starving workers, explorers, useless buildings, and/or warriors left when you lose.
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Mizzle

Post by Mizzle »

(Yes, I'm new.)

Does that go for the campaigns too? 'Cause I've just been playing a campaign (the first one) and I had all the enemy globs wiped out (I checked it by quiting so I could see the statistics) and nothing happened...
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

I've had the same problem - I don't know if I've somehow derailed it, as when I started the first map for the second time, I didn't get various messages that I did get the first time.
Steelblade

Campaign 1 won't end

Post by Steelblade »

I am having the same problem: campaign 1 refuses to end. I peeked inside ./campaigns/Joey_mission_1.map and found that the final lines of the script start with a hash (#), which I assume means it is 'commented out.' I tried deleting the hashes, but it just crashed the program. Are any of the next maps ready to play? If so, can anyone help me get there? I am happy to do a little leg work. I've got some Java and Python experience.

~steelblade
FelixO

Bug posted about this

Post by FelixO »

In the Bugs section I have posted 'Game does not end!!'

Hope to get some response :-)
FelixO

FIX / Work Around

Post by FelixO »

In the Bugs forum (subject "Game does not end!!") you can find a little hack I am using to get around this problem.