Resources don't grow?

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Pifactorial

Resources don't grow?

Post by Pifactorial »

I created a custom map and started playing it, but it seems whatever I do, I can't get the resources to grow. They just dwindle to nothing...

Did I somehow set it up wrong, or is this a bug?
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

wheat/wood require water to grow. If your resources are too far away from water or if there is no water on the map nothing will grow. There has been talk of adding a building that creates water to increase growing areas but nothing has happened so far.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Pifactorial

Post by Pifactorial »

Hmm, I didn't realize that, but even adding water doesn't seem to make a difference. What determines if the water is "close enough"?
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

Hi

the speed of groth of wheat/wood depends on the ratio water/land in the 21x21 (or was it 31x31)-box surrounding the resource. "1"-wide waters count as land (globs can walk on it)

Greetings, Giszmo
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

31x31, but really, the outer five squares on each side are a lot less significant.
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.