Globulation2 on SuSE?

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Theblob
Worker
Worker

Globulation2 on SuSE?

Post by Theblob »

This looks like a great game and I want to try it out! :D
The only problem is that I have SuSE 10.0, and when I looked at the downloads page, I didn't see an option for SuSE. :( Can I play this game with SuSE?
And if it is possible, can somebody give me instructions about how to download and install for SuSE, please?
Many thanks!!
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Globulation2 on SuSE?

Post by Donkyhotay »

Theblob wrote:This looks like a great game and I want to try it out! :D
The only problem is that I have SuSE 10.0, and when I looked at the downloads page, I didn't see an option for SuSE. :( Can I play this game with SuSE?
And if it is possible, can somebody give me instructions about how to download and install for SuSE, please?
Many thanks!!

You could try compiling it from the source code. Just follow the instructions for that.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Theblob
Worker
Worker

Post by Theblob »

Where are the instructions?
Last edited by Theblob on Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theblob
Worker
Worker

Post by Theblob »

Where are the instructions?
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

try this:
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Download_a ... om_Sources

And if you succeed compiling it it would be great if you could make it into an install-package via checkinstall
somehow it doesn't work under my debian but the .deb was as easy as typing as root:
checkinstall make install
instead of
make install
Theblob
Worker
Worker

Post by Theblob »

On a whim I decided to just try installing the Mandriva package, because it was the easiest download available--just let Yast do it all for you. It worked! I played the tutorial and a game against the computer this afternoon. Now we'll just have to see how the LAN/internet options do.
Dino
Worker
Worker

Post by Dino »

glob2 is in the official debian rep at leat in unstable witch works greate.