Load game, map tutorial

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Ildar

Load game, map tutorial

Post by Ildar »

Hi there!

I agree, that the tutorial map is too long. Maybe it's unavoidable, as the gameplay is completely different from RTSs I've seen before. I don't mind it to be long.

BUT. During the tutorial I was told several time,s that I can Save my game. That's nice and that's true. But I've never been told I can LOAD the saved game. And that appeared to be fair too :(

When I load the game, tutorial sequence is dead. I don't see any tutorial text messages, they're gone.

Can it be fixed?

Thanks!
Ildar
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GameDealer »

If you think the tutorial map is to long you won't like playing this game.

I have had the same problem to. the only way to actually finish is by starting at a time that you know you can finish.

Another thing is if you use windows it stops and say you have one, you can then move onto the next mission, however you have to do it all at once because you cannot leave and come back to the tutorial once it has finished.

When you use Windows, you cannot do the joey missions.
But when using Linux you can. The game Is a 50-50 because in windows there is better quality and with Linux you can learn how to play properly. What I have done is installed Windows as well as Linux. If you can only have one I would recommend Linux.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

in what aspects is the windows version better than the linux one? as far as i know there barely is any difference except for when you have accelerated grafix on the one system but not on the other.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

There really isn't any difference between the two. The reason the windows version doesn't have the joey campaign is because it simply isn't included. You can even take a look in the actual campaign maps and you'll see that the only thing there is the tutorial campaign. This is partially true on the linux version however when installing from source you can run the syncmaps script which downloads and updates all the official maps including the joey campaign. I personally have no idea why this is the case and is inconvenient for windows users.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

I'll point out the original post of this thread is dated 19 Sep 2006.

The new tutorial which bradley made, was split up by myself, and is now in 0.9.1. Its smaller, easier to follow.