About the Name

Having trouble getting the game going or understanding something? Look no further.
Majid_AlDharrab
Worker
Worker

About the Name

Post by Majid_AlDharrab »

Hello,

I am working on a localization for this great game. And I have been looking for a good name for the game that meets the original Globulation 2. It would be really nice to have a detailed explanation of the naming. I thought it's a combination between Globule and Globalization, so what exactly is a globule? Any synonyms?
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Majid
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Re: About the Name

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

Thefreedictionary.com has some descriptions about the word 'globule' but I afraid you have to come up with your own word to describe these one-coloured somersaulting creatures with ball-shaped head, hands and legs ('globule' is the name of the units, in case you didn't know)...
But I am 99% sure that Globulation is the combination of Globule and Globalization as you figured it out.

Good luck with you project anyways!
Majid_AlDharrab
Worker
Worker

Thank you Kokolihapihvi,
Well, of course I know it's the name of the units, but the only definitions I could get are like "Drop", "Spherical Object" .. etc which do not resemble units in the game.
Majid_AlDharrab
Worker
Worker

Well, to start off, am I supposed to come up with localized names for "Globule" and "Globulation 2" or just to make a transliteration for them? :?:
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Kokolihapihvi wrote:Thefreedictionary.com has some descriptions about the word 'globule' but I afraid you have to come up with your own word to describe these one-coloured somersaulting creatures with ball-shaped head, hands and legs ('globule' is the name of the units, in case you didn't know)...
But I am 99% sure that Globulation is the combination of Globule and Globalization as you figured it out.

Good luck with you project anyways!
Do they have heads? I thought that they have only corpse and 4 hand-legs
Greetings!! ت
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

globules are made of liquid (according to stephane i guess). i would transliterate them. to me globule has no other meaning than our little guys.
K776
Warrior
Warrior

Post by K776 »

Unless I'm misunderstanding your intentions, based on what I found, software names are generally not translated. So I wouldn't worry about it.