Time to be evil!

Got a strategy with a few flaws to work on? Get some tips!
Genixpro
Developer

Time to be evil!

Post by Genixpro »

Lets take a hint from the evil doers:

1) Place wall construction sites arround enemy swarms while they still have no warriors, for the win!
2) Ally with your opponent, and swiftly move your warriors into place arround enemy inns, then un-ally with them to let your warriors raise hell
3) By placing wall construction sites near enemy towers, you can keep them occupied
4) You should always use forbidden zone on any ressource that drops to 1
Globulation 2? Wtf? Why not Globulation 3D!!!
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Elvish Pillager »

I used walls against an opponent in a recent multiplayer game, to bog down their warriors. Unfortuantely their warriors were totally incompetent and many of the walls weren't even destroyed. :P
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

hey elvish

Post by Donkyhotay »

Are you the same elvish pillager I occasionally see on gate88?
Elvish Pillager
Warrior
Warrior

Re: hey elvish

Post by Elvish Pillager »

Donkyhotay wrote:Are you the same elvish pillager I occasionally see on gate88?
Yes, except that you don't see me on Gate 88 anymore, because there's no PPC Linux version of Gate 88. Sheesh...
To feed good generals, you need good food. To grow good food, you need good pastures. To capture good pastures, you need good generals.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

http://globulation2.org/wiki/AIEvil
(if you have more of that)
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Time to be evil!

Post by Zenfur »

This is AWFULL, I discovered this strategy too and I think that it's bug, and it shouldn't exist. I think that in new version to make construction site, we make an order for the nearest (he goes there by himself, and immediately) worker glob to do it, and he has to go directly on that place, and than our ordered to build building is started building. (many build words used :D)
The second sollution, more problematic is to don't allow to set buildings in fog.
Greetings!! ت
Migi
Worker
Worker

Post by Migi »

No, there's a much cleaner solution:

When you order a building, the building site appears 50% transparant to your team and is not at all visible to the enemy. Unlike the way it's done now, you can place buildings even on top of resources and in the black fog. Instead of creating forbidden area, it's a "ghost" construction site which you can assign workers to as usual (it's still a forbidden area, but without the red markers). The assigned workers go there and if there are any resources, they automatically clear them. Then they go get the resources and only when the first worker drops the first resource, the real construction site pops up. Same thing goes for upgrading pool/racetrack: the "old" building is still there in the eyes of the enemy, while a transparant construction site is seen by you. All resources are cleared, and only then, the usual construction site appears.

This would hold many benefits:
- No clearing done manually, all automatically
- Prevents evil n° 1 and 3
- No building in the enemy base whatsoever
- No need to first explore where you want to build

Overall I think it would be an intuitive solution and reduce micro-management (the magic words :D ).
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

I'd like to add to your solution upgrading building: if you can't upgrade it because resources grew next to it (no building) than in the same way, clearing area, ghost building, site. Post it on the feedback forum, please!
Greetings!! ت
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

guys? you know the feedback forum and don't know http://glob2.uservoice.com/pages/4988-g ... as?lang=en ? That's exactly the above mentioned idea plus a meant to prevent globs to have to clear the same spot over and over again.

regards
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

giszmo: of course I do, but migi's idea is little different...
Greetings!! ت