Popularity of the Game

For general chat that doesn't fit in any of the other forums below.
Shew
Worker
Worker

Post by Shew »

I found Glob2 while wandering in Savannah, and install on my office Win notebook... I found it wonderful, and i'd like to give all the support I could to this game, 'cause it's the best strategy GPL game I've ever seen.

I'm Italian, and if anyone would like to start to promote the game in my country I'd be glad to collaborate.

Good work to all, and best wishes of a happy new year!
Louisgag
Worker
Worker

Post by Louisgag »

Is another release of glob2 expected soon?

I really love it!
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

There has been alot of talk about when a new release will come out. There have been alot of major fixes/features implemented since the last release and many people want to release however more testing needs to be done and there has been talk of doing a complete rewrite of the network implementation. Until this is resolved a release won't happen. If you want to help I would recommend downloading the CVS version and compiling that. It would help us to be able to test the current version and speed up the next official release.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Louisgag
Worker
Worker

Post by Louisgag »

hey thanks for the update.

I will look into that CVS; however I am a bit reluctant since I tried in the past and ran into many consecutive compilation problems!
GameDealer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GameDealer »

I found glob2 in the add/remove system and searched strategy and the game came up with a 3 star rating.

It should be 5 star
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Popularity of the Game

Post by Zenfur »

I'd like to bump this theard :). I found globulation on the happypenguin.org, played it a year ago 3 times, forgot, and remembered in March this year :) and this is how I am here now.
I found glob2 on happypenguin.org doing a search for RTS games.
I hope donkyhotay will come back...
Last edited by Zenfur on Sat May 02, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greetings!! ت
Kobuta
Explorer
Explorer

Re:

Post by Kobuta »

Shew wrote:I found Glob2 while wandering in Savannah, and install on my office Win notebook... I found it wonderful, and i'd like to give all the support I could to this game, 'cause it's the best strategy GPL game I've ever seen.

I'm Italian, and if anyone would like to start to promote the game in my country I'd be glad to collaborate.

Good work to all, and best wishes of a happy new year!
aaa I'm italian too!!!

I found glob when I first got on linux, and couldn't use any of the rts games I'd used on windows, and downloaded all the games in the repository, and it's necessarily the best!

played a lot last summer, and I had even helped with the Italian translation.

moved to japan, and didn't really have access to internet or time to play so never bothered at all.

now can connect so I came back to globulation cos it's great :D
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Popularity of the Game

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

I saw the FOSDEM 2008 Globulation2 video on Youtube (50 minutes long o_O). Looked nice so I decided to watch some gameplay videos and after that I downloaded the game :P