Civilization Globulation?

For general chat that doesn't fit in any of the other forums below.
Einarin
Explorer
Explorer

Civilization Globulation?

Post by Einarin »

Now, seeing as I've never seen any mention of this anywhere, I'm going to assume that this has gone unnoticed, but Globulation 2 is also an excellent civilization-building game. Next time you win a game on a difficult map to build on, click keep playing and see how big you can make your civ. Yes, it sounds boring, but considering it seems to have been entirely unintentional, its very good (I seem to remeber someone saying that nature was the other opponent in Glob2).

What if we take advantage of this, maybe make a civ-building mode? Have a goal of having the largest population on a given map, or play to see who can reach the prestige limit first? This is essentially implementable now using reach2infinity, any thoughts?
The only way to achieve perfect security is through making everyone happy, because all security has a weak point, and the only way to make everyone happy is to grant them complete freedom, which requires the removal of all security measures.
AppleBoy
Site Admin

Post by AppleBoy »

well, I don't know about a civ-building mode, but I have played games where we have decided to play for the first to win by prestigue and it is very interesting on some of the maps where the resources are limited. Having to properly manage how many units, etc. becomes quite a challenge to balance. It's fun to try :)
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

I think appleboy is right and if we were to do anything like that it would be best to simply tweak the prestige system.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
Einarin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Einarin »

yeah, the number of level 4 schools you need to win most games is way too high, its not a viable route to victory.
The only way to achieve perfect security is through making everyone happy, because all security has a weak point, and the only way to make everyone happy is to grant them complete freedom, which requires the removal of all security measures.
Donkyhotay
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Donkyhotay »

Probably be a good idea to configure prestige level when the game itself is set up . I think it's a good idea and it shouldn't be hard to implement, I'll post a features request in the bugtracker. If no one gets around to it before the term ends for me I may see about implementing the feature myself.
do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.