Weird weirdnesses

For general chat that doesn't fit in any of the other forums below.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Weird weirdnesses

Post by Zenfur »

As I was totally surprised today finding some facts about which I had no idea! So it sprang to my mind to create a theard in which one would post the just-discovered interesting stuff about globulation2. My today discovers:

# Ability to message alliances members by prefixing your messages with /a
# Ability to message a specific member by prefixing the message with /[playername]
(you won't need anymore to do mess with alliance options to send a private message!)
# "remember unit" selected in options allows you to assign as many units to a job as you have assigned the last time to a similar one
I TOTALLY had no idea about that for so long time...

some of my interesting old discovers:
# You can actually speak to other players in multiplayer using your microphone, default shortcut is 'v' (hold to speak)

I hope you enjoyed these few curiosities. :twisted:
Greetings!! ت
pejsek
Worker
Worker

Re: Weird weirdnesses

Post by pejsek »

Thanks Zenfur, nice topic and great discoveries!

This woudn't be really my new discovery, but I still find it interesting: When you want to find some flag on the map, just click on create new flag of the same type and then hit Tab. You don't need to create new one to do it and it is quite handy when you need to simultaneously lead several battles over the map.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Ahhh! Nice! It will become useful for me for sure! (I often accidenlty remain some flags and forget about them)

I found a new one, which actually I didn't know:
#You can create a line of flags! (same as with buildings) (it lags game a bit, such amount of flags)
And also old, not obvious one:
#You can jump to the last event that was displayed (red/green text in the left top of the screen) by pressing space bar!
Greetings!! ت
munkbusiness
Worker
Worker

Post by munkbusiness »

Nice knew almost none of those tricks. It would help if I could actually chat 100% of the time and not just 50% ;)

Here is one of my tips (more a tip than a discovery)
When playing on against people who place towers outside of their cities just ban the area around it and your globs will never approch it again, and just walk right around it when entering battle. This trick can also be applied to ban the only land-way to a enemy to force globs to swing in from another maybe unsuspected area and surprise him/her.
pejsek
Worker
Worker

Post by pejsek »

Another one: M + mouse click on map will show allies where to attack on minimap.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Not bright for everyone:
#how to scroll fast (3 methoods)
- middle mouse button + swing
- mouse swinging + ctrl
- arrows + ctrl
# for precise area placing I advice usingarrows

pejsek: cool one, I investigated it more, click is possible on map or minimap
Greetings!! ت
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

so sad to see these things are only communicated via the forum :(
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Huh? So where should they be spreaded? Via wiki?

Forum, especially glob's forum I found as full of useful information for anyone who is interested in this project. I've been sad so long, that this forum didn't work due to some page error.
Greetings!! ت