Winning NicoWar on FBI map?

For general chat that doesn't fit in any of the other forums below.
nmw
Worker
Worker

Winning NicoWar on FBI map?

Post by nmw »

Any hints on strategy winning NicoWar on that map?

I've red the Wiki but it's still useless, after some point they convert all my units :( I have a chance to destroy bases of first opponent, but have no time to upgrade to higher levels and then start losing workers and warriors.

Any idea, how it's possible to beat nicowar on that map?

thanks in advance.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Winning NicoWar on FBI map?

Post by Zenfur »

Hum... Didn't play map FBI yet, as quick as I beat it I'll tell you my strategy by editing this post.

Sorry I haven't had any time to play it.
Greetings!! ت
nmw
Worker
Worker

Post by nmw »

It's easy enough with Nimbi or even Warrush -- you can stand the armies they send. But with nicowar - it starts to convert your units, because access to the fruits is too difficult.

Well, if you can find good strategy - post it here.

I've found that building the second swarm (neat to the wheat field on the top) is quite essential there, but still it doesn't help much :)
pejsek
Worker
Worker

Post by pejsek »

nmw wrote:It's easy enough with Nimbi or even Warrush -- you can stand the armies they send. But with nicowar - it starts to convert your units, because access to the fruits is too difficult.

Well, if you can find good strategy - post it here.

I've found that building the second swarm (neat to the wheat field on the top) is quite essential there, but still it doesn't help much :)
Hi Nmw, you were right, it's almost impossible to access the orange fruit. Nevertheless, the main weakness of Nicowar is in my opinion his inability to build any defences, so to destroy him is not so hard as it seems at first sight. I suggest focusing on really quick upgrades so as to build ground attacking explorers as fast as you can. In this game I managed to do it before tenth minute, it can surely be done faster. If you don't know how to build fast level 3 school and how to maintain it, here is how I did it on this map, maybe it could help:

- didn't build anything except two other swarms (on cleared area on north), few inns and hospitals. I wanted my workers learn quickly in school - building other infrastructure and training them cost time
- I built first school along with first inn right after building second swarm
- warriors used only for defending access road, few explorers for gaining control over my fruit forest
- started building second school right after the first was built. When the first group of workers finished studying, I started upgrading first school
- same with the second level school
- when the third level school is done, I framed it with forbidden area, so the workers were deprived of high education. Now I sent the already built explorers to the school by clicking on "ground only" in their explorer flag
- Nicowars were defenceless
nmw
Worker
Worker

Post by nmw »

Great!

I'll try myself to do the same.

I've put a several changes in http://globulation2.org/wiki/AINicowar (point 18)

may be you could add your advices as well?

building a lot of ground-attack exlorers helped me a lot on the another map -- so I should try to do it here as well.
nmw
Worker
Worker

Post by nmw »

I've played that map using your tactics - it works great.

The first step was to cut out nicowar's workers form orange suppy - to stop my unit conversion. And then I've put a lot of explorers over the inns -- so the opponents population started to decrease.
pejsek
Worker
Worker

Post by pejsek »

nmw wrote:I've played that map using your tactics - it works great.

The first step was to cut out nicowar's workers form orange suppy - to stop my unit conversion. And then I've put a lot of explorers over the inns -- so the opponents population started to decrease.
Good job. You may want to try play Four squares against 3 Nicowars, it is also pretty challenging.

By the way, are you sometimes online on YOG or IRC? I haven't played against human for a long time, it seems nobody is playing it currently.
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

you guys will love beta5 :)
replaying the map-quick-dones of others will be fun
nmw
Worker
Worker

Post by nmw »

Well, this is a cheating :))))

With Fog of War turned off you can win NicoWar and any other AI just in a several minutes - just flood them with walls. Take care to surround Swarm and Inns and resources :)))) In most cases - you will even catch most of the workers between the walls and stop them from moving.

Then they are hungry - turn your Fruit Vision flag on and let them out :)

I'll try to do this with Fog turned on as well :)