Just saying "Hi"

For general chat that doesn't fit in any of the other forums below.
Toboe

Just saying "Hi"

Post by Toboe »

I could not find any "New member introduction" section so I figured I would just post it here.

Hello everyone, if anyone of you recognize my user name from GPGnet (most likely not) as an old/retired tournament director. I stumbled upon this site site/game with accident and tried it out, and it was quite fun, after having played a few games (with the AI). Well, I tried to get a game with some other people, but none was there and the moment and I had to go, so I have yet to play a game with another human.

I live in Sweden, I have some knowledge about C# and some limited about servers. I am currently studying. I am somewhat of an RTS fanatic, I want to play every singel one of them and play competitive. Impossible, yes, since I have both limited time and money to spend, but a man can dream, cant he?

I would be glad to do something for the development, if there is anything I can do, but as it is now, I just want to try out the game some more.
And there are 2 things I noticed that I just cant help but to add, please dont call me a troll because of this ^^

--> Is there any replay function?
--> Is there any way to spectate a game with AI players?

I have not been looking around for these, not on the site nor the in the game, so I would have missed it of there actually was any info about this :D
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Just saying "Hi"

Post by Zenfur »

Hey there ! I hope that you'll stay with us for longer, because your society is really poor lately. If you want to play, most probably that you find an opponent is IRC. There are many players who come in and come out, because see empty lobby, but it isn't empty. There are irc players who may be less avialible, but highlight them to get "hi" and maybe a game :).

Replays will be in the next version, are already implemented and tested. Afaik they need only gui.
There hasn't been any option to spectate yet, but you can use a trick: reveal all map in options, and set your color as one of the AIs. If you do so, you'll see all map and play with that AI on one side. If you won't disturb him, you will spectate :P
Greetings!! ت
Toboe

Re: Just saying "Hi"

Post by Toboe »

Ok, so its that simple to spectate. Thanks for the help, I will check it out when I got time :)