Fruit Conquerors (Campaign)

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Fruit Conquerors (Campaign)

Post by Zenfur »

In this theard you will see progress and story of my campaign. I'll also add map of the world of my campaign.
Feedback and ideas are apreciated.
Progress: Difficulty (0-5):
1. mission - beta 0/5
2. mission - needs scripting 2???/5
3. mission - beta 1/5
4. mission - alpha 3/5
5. mission - in works ???/5
6. mission - no idea (help :oops:) ???/5
~ farther missions depend on my motivation and will of creation
Campaign will be linked as campaign when it's finished. Now it exists as separated maps, so don't place it in the campaign folder, but into maps folder!
Some Story: (SPOILER WARNING!)
1. First mission is introducion to the campaign. It tells us about 2 brothers (and our heroes) Ned and Ted, who are really bored living in their little, little and poor conutry and they decide to cross the mountains and taste mystical food which are "fruits" as their grandpa told them about. They meet behind the mountains a camp of other country and... strange trees. After little conversation (ekhm...) they destroy the camp thankful to their friends who want to taste fruits too. From the green globules who owned the camp, they enquired about other kinds of fruits, behind the river and The Great Forest. They decide to try to reach them, build a swimming pool and get through the forest. Their friends who helped destroying the camp, are aware of entering forest and they have enough getting one kind of fruits.
2. Scene in The Great Forest. Ned and Ted Are in front of The Great Forest. They hear strange noises from there... and they find in the enterace skull made of walls and trapped red globules in it. They decide to help them, and they after escaping build for them structure which is Swarm. Ned was able to build Inns and hospitals only before, and he hopes that new friends will teach him building Swarm. So he asked them to, and they agreed, but only if they lead them to tasting fruits.
Now it's only left to pass the forest, but it isn't so easy as it may seem to. :twisted: Many trees have to be chopped. There lives wild yellow globules, as it appear. They won't pass you so easily. Unfortunately you don't know their language... probably nobody does. You will have to think an streetwise idea to pass them... or try with brute force. Behind the forest is the next river which they are going to pass.
3. Scene behind the river behind the forest, they find another camp defending second kind of fruits. I won't tell about this, maybe if you ask. Let's just admire that they passed the camp and swam through the next river, where was the capital of green glob city. Ned and Ted stayed here and sent exploring team to the capital, while their friends of the forest were teaching them how to build a Swarm.
4. Exploring team has built a little settlement in the little range of the capital, and started exploring the land. Capital was quickly alarmed about them by the last camp that they destroyed, and prepared setting huge forces in front of the city. Let's don't forget that it was only little bigger country than red glob country.
Blue globs appeared to be "royal" ones. Exploring team was doomed. A while later Ned and Ted with little forces come to their doomed camp, and when capital was about to destroy them too, wild yellow globs, who following our heroes arrived here and started attacking everyone. This wild-living-style has lead them pretty strong... you know? Now the capital is under the REAL siege. Blue globs ask you to help defending, and promised, that if you do so, they'll forgive you everything and will become your allies. You don't have choice, you help them, because if you wouldn't, wild globules after destroying capital would destroy you.
Now everything is in Your hands.
5. Capital... almost doesn't exist. Everyone got huge harms. But yellow globs were fought off. But it's time to revenge! You and your new ally enter now to The Great Forest to get the revenge.
6. Revenge, war... what a demolishing intends... After raid of your and wild globules terrains and fruits have been plundered. Time to look for new grounds to settle down, which could feed your people.
rest is in my mind, that was a prolog :D
Attachments
campaign 1,3,4.tar.gz
missions : 1, 3, 4
(121.44 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
Greetings!! ت
fede
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Fruit Theft (Campaign)

Post by fede »

:o

It's great !!
When will be it ready? Now i can't wait that much to enjoi this campaign!! Cmooooon :!:
:lol:
Blizzard SuCKs
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

idk... as soon as I can handle it :P report~ promised to help

report~ doesn't have time now... seems that I will have to do it by myself

@edit: What about changing title? fruit theft doesn't fit here... maybe fruit wars?
Greetings!! ت
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

@edit: What about changing title? fruit theft doesn't fit here... maybe fruit wars?
Convert & Conquer: Fruit Wars? Perhaps you can rethink the name altogether so I can be the only one with a cheesy campaign name.

I hope you will continue working on this because it had some interesting scripted events to develop the story line and the gameplay was fun... but too easy. So more scenarios out, please!
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

The beginning was about to be easy :) I hope that I'll make for you a christmas present. You motivated me... a bit :P
anyway I'd like to add that I'm kinda busy these times...
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

No christmas present :cry: sorry. But... will anyone help me with the story or it's supposed to be only my campaign and only my problems? :D I will work with it in one week I hope, some progress will be added, but I still don't feel motivated. But I have to admit that 52 downloads motivates a bit :D
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Sorry for triple posting, but I need a better name for this campaign :P So if you could, I make a little competition for name for this campaign, reward I can give is putting the author of the new name to list of people who helped making this campaign :P
Greetings!! ت
Listectrix
Worker
Worker

Post by Listectrix »

Wow! It's a nice campaign with an also good storyline! :D
I like your 4. map, really interesting scripting :lol:
Hope you will finish this campaign soon. Maybe I can help you...
My Idea for the title is "The Fruit Explorers"... hope it fits... :P

And sorry, it doesn't refers to your campaign but I want to know something :?: : If you use SummonUnits in the map scripting, how could you know the exact x y coordinates? Because in the map editor I can't find any labels or something like that that show those coordinates. Thanks.

More Motivations :mrgreen:
I can't wait to play the whole campaign! :twisted:

:arrow: Listectrix
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Listectrix wrote:Wow! It's a nice campaign with an also good storyline! :D
I like your 4. map, really interesting scripting :lol:
Hope you will finish this campaign soon. Maybe I can help you...
My Idea for the title is "The Fruit Explorers"... hope it fits... :P

And sorry, it doesn't refers to your campaign but I want to know something :?: : If you use SummonUnits in the map scripting, how could you know the exact x y coordinates? Because in the map editor I can't find any labels or something like that that show those coordinates. Thanks.

More Motivations :mrgreen:
I can't wait to play the whole campaign! :twisted:

:arrow: Listectrix
Thanks for your feedback :) I'll continue scripting when it'll be USL, so you'll unfortunately have to wait a month or two, scenario 2nd and 5th are done, but without scripting.
X and Y coordinates - I've already added this feature and you can find it in mercurial version ;) I lacked it too. But currently to precise x and y, set script area, name it and use its name. And how to know coords? I don't know, that is why for I added this little widget. You can get the newest version from mercurial, but be warned that scripting there isn't working - it's being converted to USL, new scripting language, which will be much cooler :D. Btw, to use SummonUnits you don't use x and y, but area name. To summon flags you need coords, and I got these coords in experimental way.

What about "Fruit conquerors"? :P

I haven't thought about the 6th scenario... but I have some ideas :) for example, they conquerored the whole continent, now they'll sail to another :)
And their mission will be to conquer all the world and get all fruits... or sth :) I know for sure that scenarios 6-8 will be REALLY challenging :)

If you want to help... well... I don't know what could you do :P But you already helped posting this post.

(PS: I like your homepage)
Greetings!! ت
Listectrix
Worker
Worker

Post by Listectrix »

Oh, I mean SummonFlags not SummonUnits sorry :o
Thanks for your answer... I try to experiment a bit, first

Well, please continue with your campaign and create some unique maps like the fourth. :D
And make it REALLY challenging as you say. Because enemies aren't really attacking in the first and second map. In the fourth scenario a big wave was spawned, but as the blue globs allied with me, the yellow wild globs only send one Warrior to attack me, maybe you can rise the number a bit or sending some Explorers.
Nice work anyway :P (The first time I played it I was very surprised by the Warrior wave at the beginning :shock: )

"Fruit conquerors" is not bad :P Maybe better than mine because I always think about strange names like Listectrix :lol:

And thanks again because of you I'm motivated to create my own campaign but now I only gather some ideas

Good Luck in finishing your campaign :mrgreen:
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Listectrix wrote: Good Luck in finishing your campaign :mrgreen:
Thanks :) I am working at one cool scenario, which needs only scripting, like others: Capture The Glob, which will be kind of king of the hill ^^. The player who controls the hill - which is "island" with narrow connections of ground will get many bonusses like spawning extra globs in their base. Swimming pool will be forbidden (algaes will be possible to get, don't worry). Swarm you'll have only one, and when you loose it - you loose :)

After that I'll make capture the flag :D, you have to steal all flags from everybody to win, by now it's impossible because there aren't variables in SGSL :( I hope that with USL I'll create more scripted and cool maps. if you want the feature to editor and you can't get it from mercurial I'll attach it to the post!

(I hope that it'll work with 0.9.4, I am not sure if in 0.9.5 map editor was changed... and I hope that you know how to patch :D, first patch normal, than v2 patch)
Attachments
patches.tar.gz
here are the patches (2)
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Greetings!! ت
Listectrix
Worker
Worker

Post by Listectrix »

I'm afraid but I don't know how to patch yet. :roll:
But I'll try it soon.

Capture the Glob may be an interesting gameplay :D
Do those scenarios belong to your campaign?
Because I still don't understand why "Capture the Glob" and "Capture the Flag" are concerned with fruits Theft/Wars/Exploration/Conquerors. :?: Maybe you can create a "Capture the Fruits" scenario :P
Anyway, which name of campaign do you choose? :)

I also can't wait for USL. SGSL is not bad but I just can't create variables or use conditional statements or something else I miss in a programing language. And I hope also creating more complex and interesting scenarios. :D

By the way, I started my campaign "The Invention" (weird name :twisted: ) and I finished the second scenario today. The story is about, like the name says, an Invention that an old red glob develops. If the invention is fully-developed and activated, It can cause that all globs will live peacefully. One day an evil glob organisation (blue) wanted to steal the invention and manipulate it to cause a big hateful war in the whole Glob-world. Your Mission is to defeat the organisation and retrieve the invention. 8)
I will post a thread in this forum about it, as soon as I can ;)

Greetings Globulation2 Fans ^^ (I like your banner :lol: )
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Listectrix wrote: I'm afraid but I don't know how to patch yet. :roll:
But I'll try it soon.
How to patch: this patch includes changes to the code, which you compile to get the glob2 executive file :). To patch download glob2 source, under linux, use "patch" from aptitude (sudo aptitude install patch). It will ask you which files it should modify: it's (glob2file)/src/MapEdit.cpp afair. Than compile all the source (scons) in glob2 catalog, if you don't have it, (sudo aptitude install scons).
If you are under windows, unfortunately I won't help you :(.
Listectrix wrote: Capture the Glob may be an interesting gameplay :D
Do those scenarios belong to your campaign?
Because I still don't understand why "Capture the Glob" and "Capture the Flag" are concerned with fruits Theft/Wars/Exploration/Conquerors. :?: Maybe you can create a "Capture the Fruits" scenario :P
Anyway, which name of campaign do you choose? :)
I wrote about these uniqe maps because of:
Listectrix wrote: Well, please continue with your campaign and create some unique maps like the fourth. :D
No, I didn't plan to addict them into the campaign.
About name: I am still waiting for propositions, but I like "conquerors" the most :D
Listectrix wrote: I also can't wait for USL. SGSL is not bad but I just can't create variables or use conditional statements or something else I miss in a programing language. And I hope also creating more complex and interesting scenarios. :D
Indeed, me too :D
Listectrix wrote: By the way, I started my campaign "The Invention" (weird name :twisted: ) and I finished the second scenario today. The story is about, like the name says, an Invention that an old red glob develops. If the invention is fully-developed and activated, It can cause that all globs will live peacefully. One day an evil glob organisation (blue) wanted to steal the invention and manipulate it to cause a big hateful war in the whole Glob-world. Your Mission is to defeat the organisation and retrieve the invention. 8)
I will post a thread in this forum about it, as soon as I can ;)
Good luck with that! Be sure I'll play it :).
Listectrix wrote: Greetings Globulation2 Fans ^^ (I like your banner :lol: )
Thanks! It took me 2 hours to make it ^^.

About campaign: I will also create map to my glob2 world :D. Oho! I just bumped into an idea! What about possibility to add an image for each glob2 scenario? :) Map of world or trace would be cool! ^^
Greetings!! ت
pejsek
Worker
Worker

Post by pejsek »

Hi Zenfur, who are the purple guys in fourth mission? If I am not mistaken, they are not mentioned anywhere.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

pejsek wrote:Hi Zenfur, who are the purple guys in fourth mission? If I am not mistaken, they are not mentioned anywhere.
As far as I remember they are allied to everyone and they are scripted to be alive forever - it's to don't show "You won!" when I don't want, but at the moment I wish to. They are just for me to be sure that it won't happen, I don't know if it would.
Greetings!! ت