Fruit Conquerors (Campaign)

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.
pejsek
Worker
Worker

Re: Fruit Theft (Campaign)

Post by pejsek »

Zenfur wrote:
pejsek wrote:Hi Zenfur, who are the purple guys in fourth mission? If I am not mistaken, they are not mentioned anywhere.
As far as I remember they are allied to everyone and they are scripted to be alive forever - it's to don't show "You won!" when I don't want, but at the moment I wish to. They are just for me to be sure that it won't happen, I don't know if it would.
They are not allied to Ted and Ned, because I managed to wipe them out. But it doesn't matter, I thought they have some interesting part in the story. Great campaign, Zenfur. I am looking forward to the next mission, it promises to be pretty challenging.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Fruit Theft (Campaign)

Post by Zenfur »

pejsek wrote: As far as I remember they are allied to everyone and they are scripted to be alive forever - it's to don't show "You won!" when I don't want, but at the moment I wish to. They are just for me to be sure that it won't happen, I don't know if it would.
They are not allied to Ted and Ned, because I managed to wipe them out. But it doesn't matter, I thought they have some interesting part in the story. Great campaign, Zenfur. I am looking forward to the next mission, it promises to be pretty challenging.[/quote]

Thanks very much for feedback... (Ahhhh next motivation :D)

Grrrr... Now I don't know if I should wait for USL or just write whole campaign in SGSL :(
Greetings!! ت
Listectrix
Worker
Worker

Re: EDIT: Fruit Conquerors (Campaign)

Post by Listectrix »

Well, sorry I have just one question again:
If USL is released, will SGSL be useless? I mean won't it work anymore or will the new version still able to scripting with SGSL?
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: EDIT: Fruit Conquerors (Campaign)

Post by Zenfur »

Well... difficult question, I've asked on the irc:
"<zenfur> "Well, sorry I have just one question again:
If USL is released, will SGSL be useless? I mean won't it work anymore or will the new version still able to scripting with SGSL?"
good question
nickTime, Giszmo you know the answer?
<nickTime> zenfur: I don't.
<zenfur> |AppleBoy|, you know?
hmm
I think that both should be usable
it should be defined if map is scrpited with SGSL or USL imho
and work at both
or write SGSL -> USL converter
what would be... hard?
difficult*
<Giszmo> zenfur: this construction site is pretty abandoned i guess.
<zenfur> T^T
<Giszmo> somebody claimed that usl is much better and cooler but didn't finish it
so now we are about to revert to sgsl
<zenfur> but we, campaign and map makers really ...
<Giszmo> but in a way we can use both
<zenfur> read tha forum >.<
<Giszmo> in what way we will use both is up to the one coding it
<zenfur> hmmm
I don't think I'll handle coding such thing :P
I haven't done such ever
<Giszmo> i tried now twice to port stephanes patch to beta5 but it is ugly to do as so much has been changed in default since."

Looking at this code of loading game seems to confirm it:
10.111 else if (par1 == LOAD)
10.112 {
10.113 - loadSave(true, "scripts", "usl");
10.114 + if ((globalContainer->settings.optionFlags & GlobalContainer::OPTION_MAP_EDIT_USE_USL) != 0)
10.115 + {
10.116 + // USL
0.117 + loadSave(true, "scripts", "usl");
10.118 + }
10.119 + else
10.120 + {
10.121 + // SGSL
0.122 + loadSave(true, "scripts", "sgsl");
10.123 + }
10.124 }
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Fruit Conquerors (Campaign)

Post by Zenfur »

I have significantly increased the difficulty of the 4th mission, now even I've got difficulties with succeed there (hee hee....) not updated yet
I am annoucing that I'm bored with not doing anything with my campaign.
Greetings!! ت
munkbusiness
Worker
Worker

Post by munkbusiness »

I tried downloading it but cannot get it to work, I place the files in my campaign folder (extracted of course), but the game cannot identify them. There seems to be missing some kind of file that lets the game identify the missions, I see such a file for Assasination and the tutorial, but not for this.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

I haven't connected them into one campaign yet, place the in the maps folder and play them as maps (start from 1st :P) with no matter what bots, as I am reseting them with scripting and setting the ones I want. I must have placed information about it somewhere here... yes! found it, it's in the first post "Campaign will be linked as campaign when it's finished. Now it exists as separated maps(...)"
I've just bolded it and coloured to make it more visible.
I've recently started to continue the works, so expect some changes ^^ (like mission 4th now has hardcore level (hardcore = difficult for me to win))

not uploaded yet
Greetings!! ت