Assassination (Campaign)

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.
Migi
Worker
Worker

Assassination (Campaign)

Post by Migi »

I was playing Kokolihapihvi's "Great War", and suddenly I got an idea of a campaign myself. It was a very weird idea, maybe even a bit frightening because it was as un-Glob-ish as it could possibly be. I mean, the central idea in the entire campaign is micro-management! :o

The idea is actually very simple: go kill a guy with only 1 hp. This may sound easier than it actually is, because you have only one assassin to control, and the target is usually guarded by a dozen other warriors. How much more un-glob-ish can it be? :D

Well, I made it anyway. It took a pretty long time, but I'm happy with the result. There are only 5 missions (of which one is a tutorial mission), and the entire campaign should take less than 30 minutes. If you're good. Otherwise, it can take a long, long time :D

So, I post it here to see the reactions of this community. If you like it, I could make some more missions to make the whole campaign last a bit longer, but I try to give every level its own look and feel, so I won't just add more of the same. Any suggestions would be great, and you can of course add/modify missions as much as you like.

(to install: unpack and place everything in ~/.glob2/campaigns)

Have fun!
Attachments
Assassination.zip
(119.45 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
Last edited by Migi on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
fede
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Assassination (Campaign)

Post by fede »

CNN: this gameplay is amazing, every map a different strategy!

BBC: it's always a pleasure to meet innovative guys like migi.

LinuxJournal: Creative brains are the key for linux to win in the OS fight. Migi and Kokolihapihvi got the point, we are lucky to have them at the white side of the force.

:mrgreen:
Blizzard SuCKs
Kobuta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kobuta »

damn operation chestnut was challenging!! :x :x

really fun!
waiting for more :D :D
Kobuta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kobuta »

I just thought it would be great if you made an online version, where many assassins compete to kill the target!!
would be great fun I'm sure :D
fede
Explorer
Explorer

Post by fede »

y agree, "who kills purp first" ^^
Blizzard SuCKs
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Played, fun idea! Thanks for 15 minutes of fun! It was hard to manually bring him to the target :D. I would add some green citizens in the last missions (to make it harder map) and some 3 lvl restaurants with 100 wheat :P Also I would add some more missions, I can help you if you want to (about 4 more missions)

and about kobuta idea... :D <- just this. I can try to do this, but migi has to agree

Also I can do the 3-lives mode and explorer tower evade mode
Greetings!! ت
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

Migi wrote:I was playing Kokolihapihvi's "Great War"
:shock:

I will try it soon and post some feedback... The idea sounds very cool and I will definitely try to online version if someone creates it.
Migi
Worker
Worker

Post by Migi »

Thanks everyone for testing these maps. I enjoyed making them, I hope you also enjoyed playing them :D
Zenfur wrote:I can try to do this, but migi has to agree
I hereby agree. You can do whatever you desire to do with any of the maps I made.