Kokolihapihvi's maps!

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.

What is my best map, in your opinion?

Neighbours
75%
Castle Wars
No votes
Walls
25%
Cruel Nature
No votes
TributetoVelbloudlol
No votes

Total votes: 4

Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Kokolihapihvi's maps!

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

Ok, this is a topic for my maps:

Neighbours (1v1):
Players' workers begin at the same spot and the race starts... (no swarms at the start)

Castle Wars (1v1):
Battle between castles.

Walls (2v2, 1v1, 1v1v1v1):
Only walls separate player's Swarms... will you destroy your wall and attack or defend behind it?

Cruel Nature (1v1):
Limited resources and limited place to build. It is battle for survival!

TributetoVelbloudlol:
Tribute to the great map maker who uses a nickname "Velbloud". The map tries to follow the Velbloud-ish style and provide similar gameplay.

COMING SOON:
A compressed map-pack available as an attachment.

An asymmetrical map for up to 8 players where every beginning spot has its advantages and weaknesses to encourage creating different strategies for different spots. It should be playable as 1v1, (1v1v1), 2v2, 1v1v1v1, 3v3, 2v2v2, 1v1v1v1v1v1, 4v4, 2v2v2v2 and 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1. It will be very unbalanced so it would need testing and tweaking for many... months after it is ready. :)
Last edited by Kokolihapihvi on Thu May 28, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Kokolihapihvi's maps

Post by Zenfur »

You have very interesting ideas kokolihapihvi, as well in map making and in campaign creation :)
Of these 3 maps I've played only neighbours (yet, if it change, I'll edit post), and I have to say that it's challenging :P You beated me!
Greetings!! ت
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Kokolihapihvi's maps!

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

Thanks Zenfur.
I think that the start in Neighbours may prove some problems to some players when they can't use their explorer efficiently. And some people just don't usually rush. :p Placing the Swarm is tricky, too. Placing it behind the wheat is quite interesting and can be effective when it is the second swarm. Converting is also very easy on this map.

PS. I suggest playing some of the Velbloud's maps! My ultimate favourite is "WhySoSimplehmm"! And you can try my Tribute, too... ;)
fede
Explorer
Explorer

Post by fede »

jo Koka,
imho your maps are some of the best!
I agree with your taste about Velbloundlol style, essential and intense. That's why i voted for Neighbours.
I was very unsure between Neighbours and Walls. I just played the first 4 times to train a newbie, i still miss to play the second with humans.
Cruel nature is cool by design ;)

If you didn't already, give a look at "the sand square" by callan (i never met this guy), it is worth of it :)
Blizzard SuCKs
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

I'm glad that you liked them. :)
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

I'd like to see that your asymetrical map :) you have to have an idea for a good shape for it... good luck, you may count on my help in balancing it :)
Greetings!! ت