The Great War (Campaign) 7/10 scenarios

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

The Great War (Campaign) 7/10 scenarios

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

I started to make a campaign couple of days ago and I think I will release the first scenarios now so you can give feedback. It doesn't have any backstory because globules itself are so abstract so I thought that the war could be quite abstract, too.

I have attached the tarball which you should extract into your campaign folder (for Linux it is ~/glob2/campaigns)

Enjoy and give feedback!
Attachments
TGW_7_scenarios.tar.gz
The Great War campaign (contains 7 scenarios)
(278.69 KiB) Downloaded 843 times
Last edited by Kokolihapihvi on Thu May 28, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kobuta
Explorer
Explorer

Re: The Great War campaign (3/8 scenarios done)

Post by Kobuta »

that's great! :D :D
try as soon as I can!
but I do think a backstory would be fun! :roll: :roll:
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Just tested it :) It's nice! It also shows the basics of the game and value of algaes ;)

Good luck in finishing it. First missions are good, it's nice, but in further part of campaign I look forward to something challenging :twisted:
Greetings!! ت
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

in the second mission the own warrior already can swim :(

else: i would like to see other than tutorial-campaigns. i mean campaigns that don't restrict the usage of certain buildings. what do you think? wouldn't it be interesting to make something like "survive 10 waves" or so?
Kobuta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kobuta »

in the second map the fortress in the middle is a bit too easy to take, cos the units aren't high enough level to feed the towers, resulting in the towers not firing.

the third map was just taking too long I gave up :( :(
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

Kobuta: Thanks and I might add a backstory when the universe has an official background...
Zenfur: Thanks for the support. The following scenarios will be more and more challanging. :twisted:
Giszmo: Good catch. I don't think my campaign is a tutorial campaign and restricting some things at the beginning (=first 3 scenarios) just adds to the gameplay (scenario 2 for example) if you don't take too much away. I have planned to make scenario 6 a 'survival' scenario.
Kobuta (second post): :| So the building level was the reason... I will add a school somewhere. What was causing problems with scenario 3? I played it through quite easily by being aggressive at start before the resources run out.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

About fortress in 2nd mission, one tower has no access to free space to be refilled with stones. I also find range of that tower far too big (it reaches my globs!) but maybe it's good...
Giszmo: figured the same, the first warrior shouldn't be able to swim in scenario 2. About survival, I want to do something like this in my own campaign, I'd like to know if the loops in scripting globulation language REALLY exists, when I tried to use this what is on the wiki (about while loop) I got "Unknown Error". It' of course possible without loop, but hard coded 10 waves I don't find nice. :?

*edit: I figured out how to make a loop: label something and than jump, but I also figured out that half of wiki scripting language is fake.
Greetings!! ت
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

Zenfur wrote:...but hard coded 10 waves I don't find nice. :?
I wish there would be a copy-paste support (if i wanted to have uniques waves) :(
Fourth scenario is almost ready, btw.
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

There are the scenarios 4 and 5 (as a MP maps) for testing purposes. They might not be balanced yet. Remember to report bugs and give feedback.

Scenario 4: Green should be set as Nicowar and blue as Numbi.

Scenario 5: Green should be ReachToInfinity, light blue None and dark blue Nicowar

Extract the files into the maps folder because they are not in the campaign
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Scenario 4: easy, very little workers of Nicowar couldn't handle jobs which nicowar gave to him... Numbi was ok, but I destroyed him at 5th minute. Towers on the island weren't disturbing, change them to the LVL 2 to make them more challenging. You should large Nicowar's base, a lot and add much more wheat for him and water to let the wheat regrow, his bsae should reach that big lake with algaes I think.
Scenario 5: also easy, you should give swimming pool for Reach tolfinity and for nicowar. Also you should put some forbidden areas on the mini islands, and on the some wood, because wood is very aggressive and it "killed" RT... You also should large the islands! (not red's, but Nicowar's RT's and None's) For none you should large the island and add there more wheat, also put some forbidden area on it. He eaten himself. Also add for him stones and put 4 towers. One papyrus is missing and I was able to attack schools without touching papyrus. (\/ < of the schools papyrus is missing) You also may add "ground attackers" flag on red's base with for example 5 attackers (do this in scripting after for example 3 minutes to make possiblity to build towers). RT may be replaced with Nicowar. Add exploration flags for Nicowar and RT at fruits with one explorer assigned. That would be all...
Idea is nice :)
Greetings!! ت
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Re: The Great War campaign (7/8 (or more :D) scenarios done)

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

Zenfur: Thanks for the feedback.

I have released new version of the campaign which contains 7 scenarios. And I have thought about having more than 8 scenarios but we will see. Not more than 10, though.

New version can be downloaded from the first post.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

How are works going? Have you already made 8th scenario? How many scenarios did you decide to have?
Greetings!! ت
Kokolihapihvi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kokolihapihvi »

8th scenario is coming slowly. I started making it again many times because I thought the idea wouldn't have worked. I think I will have 10 scenarios.
fede
Explorer
Explorer

Re: The Great War campaign (7/10 scenarios done)

Post by fede »

I'm playing it right now, it is really OH MY GOD! nice!!
I'm at second map (the ring with island in the middle): how did you prevent to get iacastor converted to my side, since they have really low resource but many units inside walls?
Blizzard SuCKs
fede
Explorer
Explorer

Re: The Great War campaign (7/10 scenarios done)

Post by fede »

Just ended campaign.
I've found a game problem (shoudn't be related to koka campaign): if you save a game of a campaign, when you load it and end the map, then you won't get open next campaign stage.
I had some trouble to get done the 6 map.. when ended it using savegame i was damn angry.. had to try it again from scratch to ensure campaign isn't broken and have fun with next stage :)

Koka: 7 stage is really too easy... i didn't get any attack from enemy, when i've got everything at max level then i shared inns vision before doing the great attack.. and converted all the units :O

If i'm not totally wrong, i converted only workers, there was no soldiers at all!
Towers lvl2 all around enemy base has not been upgraded, and they were not shooting me when i did the assault.. school was still lvl1.. it was like the enemy just camped whole game :O

I hope you will be still in mood to get it working properly, i will play it for sure then.. (and it could be inserted in official releases -admins cough cough- since this work is IMHO worth of it :wink: )
Blizzard SuCKs