Shipwreck (Campaign)

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.
rabbit
Worker
Worker

Shipwreck (Campaign)

Post by rabbit »

The "maps" forum seems to be locked, and in the online map function in glob2 I can only upload single maps. So where would I put up a campaign?

Ah well, I got my own web server, so I'll just put it there for the time being: http://www.tahina.priv.at/misc/shipwreck.tgz

Unpack it into your ~/.glob2/campaigns (or whatever the directory may be for you poor windows users).

It starts out with a few globs stranded on a beach after a shipwreck. Explore the island and see where it goes from there...

Since this is my very first attempt at this type of storytelling, I'd be very interested in any feedback. Is the story a good idea, or is it just cheesy? How's playability? Is it too hard? Too easy? Is it fun?

Edited: s/scenario/campaign/g -- what was I thinking?
Last edited by rabbit on Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: My first scenario

Post by Zenfur »

Unfortunately I couldn't launch your campaign or even edit in editor. Maybe it's because I have the older version (0.9.3) :evil:
What version do you use? Are you able to launch my maps? (If you discovered topic "Zenfur's maps" :P in "Maps")
Greetings!! ت
rabbit
Worker
Worker

Post by rabbit »

Sorry, forgot to mention that: yes, the campaign is built with 0.9.4, and AFAIK the map format has changed since 0.9.3.

And yes, your maps work with 0.9.4 (tested with "Blitz")
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Thank you for testing! :) Did you enjoy it?
I promise that when I'll get 0.9.4 I'll try out your campaign :)
Greetings!! ت
rabbit
Worker
Worker

Post by rabbit »

Did you enjoy it?
I played "blitz", which was quite easy, and "island of the renfur", which was rather challenging, and took me two or three attempts to win -- which is to say it provided me with a few hours of fun.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

It's very kind to hear that you've enjoyed this. I am happy that I haven't made those maps only for myself.

In fact this whole talking about not your scenario in this theard is a little offtopic. I suggest to move with it directly to theard with my maps, and here discuss about Your scenario. By the way, maps which I made are for online as well as AI playing :).

I will comment Your scenario as quick as I have 0.9.4 version, but unfortunately I have problems with OpenGL in installation. I don't have idea why, but it says that I need to have opengl installed, and I DO have.

I am also glad that I saw here 2 new person in this forum :), I am kinda new either.

I want other to comment ur campaign, so far only we have "talked" about it.
Greetings!! ت
rabbit
Worker
Worker

Post by rabbit »

Zenfur wrote:In fact this whole talking about not your scenario in this theard is a little offtopic. I suggest to move with it directly to theard with my maps, and here discuss about Your scenario. By the way, maps which I made are for online as well as AI playing :).
Well, that's the issue that's been discussed elsewhere: there's a very small user base for glob2, which I don't understand since I consider it to be one of the best open source games of its type -- it works well, it is pretty, and it is fun...
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: My first campaign

Post by Zenfur »

Well, that's the issue that's been discussed elsewhere: there's a very small user base for glob2, which I don't understand since I consider it to be one of the best open source games of its type -- it works well, it is pretty, and it is fun...
You know, I haven't ever found any game like this. It's totally innovation for me :). Hm, you can say that it's similar to old commercial "Majesty" game, but it's much different I think. It's shameful that so nice project is growing up slowly :(.
So let's help and do our best :P if we are able to of course.
I'll make banner "globulation fan" and will set it on every forums I use with connection to globulation mainpage. Let's try to widen our globulation society!

@edit: I've just played your campaign, it is great!I think I'll learn some from your map scripting :)

regards
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: My first campaign

Post by Zenfur »

moved and renamed topic
Greetings!! ت