Maps by Zenfur ت

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.

Do you enjoy my maps?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 14

Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Maps by Zenfur ت

Post by Zenfur »

It is VERY balanced, I counted it all and made it all to be 4 (clicked and clicked and clicked... until 4). I don't have more balanced-wheat map :)
Greetings!! ت
Giszmo
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Giszmo »

i'd also say wheat is balanced in blitz. player 2 is closer to the plums. i hate no-grow-areas. as i doubt fruits play a big role on that map i guess it is fun to play :)
Kobuta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kobuta »

i'm not saying one has more or less wheat than the other, the problem is the distance between the swarm and the wheat.
player 1 has less wheat close to him, and after consuming the first bit, the swarm gets really far from wheat.

why did you put the nongrow areas?
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

idk ;) I may fix that if you wish

and why... no idea, that was my first map ;D
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Making maps

Post by Zenfur »

I'd like to write something about my maps:

the first maps of mine like fallenstar, meteor lake and island of the renfur are hell unballanced, but still can be nice to play, when I was beginning, I didn't know how much space is needed to build a solid base :) so don't blame these maps to be hard or something. most of later maps are made in way like this, to be balanced:

a) I imagined the map
b) I tried to set quite appropirate settings of terrain in map generator
c) I cleared all resources if I liked the map
d) I made little corrects in terrain
e) I filled it with resources and start positions

A big minority of maps to be hell ballanced I made with my grids which I've put at the server.

So, the maps aren't ass kickers :(, but the maps of mine I like the most are:
Blitz, Pentagon, Sand River, Zig Zac and Mazury
Sand River was made in way I wrote up here.

I hope I'll create much MORE enjoyable and balanced maps :)
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Important annoucement: I am going to publish mappackage after few tests of the maps and publish them with changed names: Every map will contain string of it's name + "e[x]" where [x] is a number of edition. I am doing so because of lack of synchronisation. In this way I'll post the maps on the lobby and publish them here as well. I hope this will free players of my maps of bugs.
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

ANNOUCEMENT: Changing my all maps' names from format "name e%d" to "e%-2d name" to make them sort and keep together. RENAME ANY OF MY MAPS if you have too, to avoid desyncs. Or better delete them all and download again.
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

ANNOUCEMENT: I am to become very unactive in each activity except forum. There are 2 purposes: lack of time, I moved to another city and have left all my data on that computer. The soonest uploads you may except in December. Anyway I still am waiting for beta 5 relase...
Greetings!! ت
munkbusiness
Worker
Worker

Post by munkbusiness »

I downloaded this map pack and I must say it is very well made and good, played alot of them with friends.
Mal

Post by Mal »

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get these maps? I used to have them, but formatted my computer a year or two ago and lost them. The download link on this thread is broken. These maps were the main reason why I liked Globulaton, ta.
ProgVal
Site Admin

Post by ProgVal »

Oh… sorry, I removed them when doing the upgrade last year.

Thankfully, you noticed it before I deleted my backup.

I just restored the forums' files, you can now download the maps again.
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Thanks ProgVal, I don't think I still have them on my cpu anymore :( (that's a shame, as there were many WIPs)

Are you sure there wasn't also edition 2. file? I'm pretty possitive I created another map pack... (not sure if released)
Greetings!! ت