How does scripting work?

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.
munkbusiness
Worker
Worker

How does scripting work?

Post by munkbusiness »

I might get into some map making, but I do not really get how the scripting works in the map editor, do anyone have a tutorial or something?
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: How does scripting work?

Post by Zenfur »

Nah, the best tutorial to see how it works, look at some map scripts. It's intuitive, but remember, wiki lies here. In wiki there is quite a big list of things which are expected to be in the scripting language, most of them is not. It's painful, I know, as I tried to write a campaign in this ugly language. I do not advice you to write scripts in this language. Personally I'd rather to wait for the new version which will be the same as is on the wiki, called USL (current: SGSL). I hope it'll be finished soon... but I'm waiting quite a lot. At my campaign appeared only 3 and half missions, due to painful scripting. I've been using devil's help to make this crappy lang. to work for me as I wanted, so I recommend to have a look on its scripts. You may find it in campaigns and maps section, here: http://globulation2.org/forums/viewtopi ... 2151#p2151
BUT REMEMBER! DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK! :|
Greetings!! ت
munkbusiness
Worker
Worker

Post by munkbusiness »

I guess I will stick to normal map making to begin with, then see if I can get some of this devilish scripting under my skin ;)
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Your choice, not every map requires scripting, only original ones, for example to disallow swimming or so...
Greetings!! ت