The Invention (Campaign)

Post your maps and campaigns for others to play and enjoy. Add a poll to your thread to see which of your maps is most popular. Try to keep all your own content in one thread please.
Listectrix
Worker
Worker

The Invention (Campaign)

Post by Listectrix »

I'm trying to create my own campaign in glob2 and I will post the progress of my campaign in this thread.
Now, I have just two scenarios for this campaign which you can download here in a tarball. I would be happy if you give me some feedback. :)

The story is about an Invention which an old red glob develops. If the invention is fully-developed and activated, It can cause that all globs will live peacefully. Each glob nation has an unique invention. The red one causes peace, the blue one manipulates Warriors to be stronger, the violet one manipulates Explorers and there are more inventions.
One day an evil glob organisation (blue) wanted to steal the red invention and manipulate it to cause a big hateful war in the whole Glob-world. Your Mission is to defeat the organisation and retrieve the invention.

The Missions:
1. Evil blue globs are trying to attack the red capital. They have to pass a red outpost to reach the capital. Your Mission is to defend this outpost. Survive enemy attacks! :twisted:
2. The enemy retreats, don't let the remaining enemy globs reach their base because they could attack again with an huge wave. Red globs must warn the capital about the enemies but their Scouts aren't fast enough to reach the capital before the enemy arrives. There's one way to inform the capital quickly: Near the outpost there's an old violet glob village. The antique violet globs was a high-technologic nation but one day they suddenly disappears. They left their invention "Explorermanipulator" which can spawn fast Explorers. Find the invention, so you can quickly send fast Scouts to inform the capital!
3. The Scouts arrived in the capital but few minutes later the enemy arrived too. They destroy the capital and steal the one invention. Just few globs can survive the attack and they have found a save resort. Build your base there and hide yourself from the enemies otherwise you will be crushed by enemies until each red glob dies.
4. Your hidden base grows fast but if you don't retrieve the invention something really bad will happen. Follow blue globs. It's up to you to retrieve the mighty invention! You have found some allies that will battle with you against the blue organisation.
5. Now you are near the capital of blue globs. Find the vulnerability of their base and retrieve the invention!
Unfortunately the invention was manipulated and early activated. All globs in the world fight against their friends and there's no peace in the world anymore. Retrieve the invention and try to manipulate it back!
6. You must find some information to turn the invention back. Our allies tell us about a hidden island which is the origin of all inventions. You must find the island. But then something unexpected happens. Our allies are fighting against us because of the manipulated invention. We should escape them!
7. The red globs found the island and they wanted to gather some information. But nobody on the island wanted to tell them anything because all three glob nations there are fighting against each other. Try to do something, so that they will be friends again.
8. (I'm gathering ideas for this scenario)

Progress:
1.Mission: Completed (but there will be some changes required, so please post some ideas)
2.Mission: Completed (just like 1.Mission)
3.Mission: in works :)
4-8: only just ideas :D

I just uploaded single maps first. If I finished the whole campaign I'll link it as campaign ;)
This is my first time creating a campaign :)
Please try it out and give some feedback :D

PS: (And sorry if something is wrong with my english knowledge :roll: )
Attachments
TheInvention.tar.gz
Mission 1,2 version 1.0
(63.34 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Re: The Invention (Campaign)

Post by Zenfur »

I'll try it out today :twisted:!

As well cool story :) I have one proposition for it: let the peace invention have a small range, it would be idea for 7th (seven is quite many though) - final scene, probably on 512x512 map - blue globs are manipulating with nations, so the invention must be close, you know your how your invention works at all... You have to find it and destroy to stop wars and make this situation never happen again! It's not worth to manipulate with any glob's feelings anymore, your scientists start working on a new invention after that all - (I leave it for you to think it of, but if it's quite good it may be purpose to do later Invention II campaign :P, for example fruit tree maker, if it'll be so, we'll later may work together at campaign - not an Invention II, but Invention & Fruit Conquerors II - we just lived on different continents and fruit conquerors just found it out! Fruit Conquerors are just too greedy to don't try to conquer your continent :). It also may be a campaign where you can play both sides :D (needs more work though)).

Maybe you'll help me with the 5th scenario of my camp.? :P

I've already said that but I'll say it again: Good luck! If you need any help with coding or anything else - ask me on my jabber or on the irc channel or on the forum or wherever.

Btw: I'll draw a map of my/your/our world if you want!
Greetings!! ت
Listectrix
Worker
Worker

Post by Listectrix »

Zenfur wrote: As well cool story :) I have one proposition for it: let the peace invention have a small range, it would be idea for 7th (seven is quite many though) - final scene, probably on 512x512 map - blue globs are manipulating with nations, so the invention must be close, you know your how your invention works at all... You have to find it and destroy to stop wars and make this situation never happen again! It's not worth to manipulate with any glob's feelings anymore, your scientists start working on a new invention after that all

First at all the 4-7 scenarios are JUST ONLY ideas. I sure will change it a bit. :P
Anyway, nice idea I will think of it :)
Actually the inventions are held in level 3 schools. But I can change the story anytime I want and maybe a ranged effect would be better...
Zenfur wrote: (I leave it for you to think it of, but if it's quite good it may be purpose to do later Invention II campaign :P, for example fruit tree maker, if it'll be so, we'll later may work together at campaign - not an Invention II, but Invention & Fruit Conquerors II - we just lived on different continents and fruit conquerors just found it out! Fruit Conquerors are just too greedy to don't try to conquer your continent :). It also may be a campaign where you can play both sides :D (needs more work though)).
I don't think "Inventions" and "Fruits" fits but we could do something like that. First we should finish our works before thinking about our next work :P About the inventions, of course there are other inventions except the "peace", Warrior and Explorer manipulator. "Fruit maker" is a good idea though, thanks :)
Zenfur wrote: Maybe you'll help me with the 5th scenario of my camp.? :P

I've already said that but I'll say it again: Good luck! If you need any help with coding or anything else - ask me on my jabber or on the irc channel or on the forum or wherever.

Btw: I'll draw a map of my/your/our world if you want!
Sure, I can help you :) but WHAT could I do?
If you need ideas then I sure can help you...

Yeah, it's a great idea to draw a whole map of our world :D
But we first just wait until our works are finished...

Thanks for the feedback :)
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

Listectix wrote: Sure, I can help you :) but WHAT could I do?
If you need ideas then I sure can help you...
Erm... I meant help with ideas for scenarios :P

I've just played your camp., couldn't before. It's very cool ^^ but after all I have some tips:
* use more "space" commands in storyline, I wasn't quick enough to read all the text in 5 sec, had to use 'h'
* inform about adding/completing objectives (some message: "your objectives have been updated" or something)
* usually first map should be easy... ;P this was more difficult than 2nd
* personally I would make the 2nd map 256x256 or bigger... because right now the "hidden violet ancient village" was hidden like a hell...
look at shipwreck campaign and how there is hidden the "treasure" :)
* blue globs in first mission and in second differs with colour, should it be so? if not, add addictional player to the first mission
* to make the second mission more difficult you may set timer which when reaches 0 you loose, because enemy reached capital?

It was fun to play but personally I don't like defending, it's boring :P

Here's how the map could look like:
Here's second concept:
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4531/planeta.gif
Here's how animations from mission to mission could look like in the second concept (first I think you could imagine :P):
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6555/prezentacja.gif

OMFG! misplaced E and W xD it's because in Poland East is called Wschód (W!)
Greetings!! ت
Zenfur
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Zenfur »

how is the progress?
Greetings!! ت